- · Job Title: Archaeological Field Technician
- · Company Name: SWCA Environmental Consultants
- · Location: Broomfield, Colorado, 80021, United States
SWCA Environmental Consultants - A place to build a career
Do you thrive in the pursuit of excellence? Do you desire a fulfilling career in environmental consulting? SWCA Environmental Consultants, a national leader in Cultural Resource Management services since 1984, is hiring Field Technicians in Denver and Fort Collins, Colorado, Sheridan, Wyoming, and Bismarck, North Dakota. We are looking for dynamic individuals who are following their passion.
This position offers a unique opportunity to gain experience in multiple states through the summer. Diligent, hardworking individuals will have the opportunity to stay on full time.
Your role will be to assist crew chiefs and field directors during field projects throughout the plains and mountain states. You should be able to work long days outdoors in blazing hot temperatures, cold rain, and high winds; be tough. You also need to be comfortable in remote settings away from vehicles, paved roads, and civilization. We are looking for team players willing to work hard, learn new skills, and further their careers. You should be able to follow directions, adhere to methodological protocols and regulations, have attention to detail, and be motivated and take ownership of tasks.
When applying for this position please indicate what office(s) interest you. Your choices are Denver and Fort Collins, Colorado, Bismarck, North Dakota, and Sheridan, Wyoming.
You will conduct archaeological fieldwork under the direction of a crew chief and field director. Your tasks may include monitoring, surveying, testing, and excavations. Your days may be spent digging shovel tests or formal units. You may also walk 5+ miles each day during survey. When sites are found you may be call upon to record artifacts, complete site forms, and/or assist with mapping responsibilities, including collection of GPS data using Trimble units and/or tablets.
- A Bachelor's Degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field or six (6) months field experience with a range of field methodologies, including survey, testing, excavation, and monitoring required.
- An accredited Field School Certification is preferred.
- Experience with a wide range of field methodologies, including archaeological survey, testing, excavation, methodology and monitoring is preferred.
- Knowledge of ArcPad is a plus.
- Current valid driver's license and the ability to safely operate a 4wd vehicle on rugged, back-country roads required.
- Ability to travel to a location, walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, often at high altitudes, and ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds is required.
- Previous experience in the Great Plains or Mountain states is preferred.
- Local candidates in Sheridan, WY and Bismarck,ND are highly encouraged to apply.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record's Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email accommodations@... or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.