SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking a Staff Archaeologist for our Pasadena, California office. Under the supervision of a Project Manager, a Staff Archaeologist performs field, office, laboratory, and research tasks while working with and supervising crew members. This position will primarily be office-based, with some fieldwork required. This is a regular, full-time, hourly position that will report to a Project Manager.
Do you thrive in the pursuit of ensuring excellence in environmental consulting services for your clients? SWCA Environmental Consultants is expanding their team and looking for dynamic individuals who are following their passion in delivering the highest-quality project work.
How to Apply:
Resumes must be received through our online application system at www.swca.com to receive consideration.
The Requirements preview below had invalid markup and has been repaired. The original code can still be seen with the toggle view button.
- Conducts background research for archaeological studies, including records searches and Sacred Lands File searches, and facilitates Native American coordination.
- Following a standardized procedure, conducts archaeological desktop studies, including review of background data, project information, archaeological sensitivity, and land ownership.
- Ensures that appropriate preliminary research is conducted and organized prior to fieldwork, and that necessary equipment, staff, and other resources are ready for fieldwork.
- Supervises fieldwork, including archaeological survey, testing, data recovery, and/or construction monitoring and ensures quality and completeness of data collected.
- Communicates regularly with the Project Manager to ensure that a project's budgetary and timetable needs are met.
- Takes initiative, resolves problems, and creates improved procedures to ensure that tasks are completed in the most effective and efficient manner.
- In coordination with the project manager, organizes the report writing and production effort and drafts report sections.
- Maintains SWCA's high standard of scientific ethics and quality assurance, and is motivated to identify and resolve problems in creative ways.
- Work closely with the Cultural Resource Team Lead as well as project managers, directors, and principals throughout the company to promote SWCA's business interests in adherences to its mission, vision, and values
- Willingness to learn, have fun, and grow into increased management responsibilities
- A Bachelor's Degree in anthropology, archaeology, history, or a closely related field is required. A Master's Degree is preferred.
- Participation in an accredited field school or equivalent experience.
- Three to four years of experience working as a field archaeologist in California or the Western U.S.
- Experience with the application of standard archaeological survey and excavation techniques.
- Experience providing QA/QC review of field documents, site forms and reports preferred.
- Experience leading crews of field technicians on a variety of project types and sizes, regions and agencies preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and to work well with others as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to use industry standard word processing and spreadsheet software
- Demonstrated experience in preparing technical reports
- Familiarity with ArcGIS Trimble GPS, ArcPad/Terrasync, Android devices, and digital field data collection is a desired
- Ability to travel and be able to conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather conditions, often in rugged terrain, and be able to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Valid Driver's License in good standing.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record's Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email accommodations@... or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Visit SWCA's web site, www.swca.com, and discover why SWCA is a great place to work for environmental professionals interested in sound science and creative solutions.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/c4dt95cwsqxnyv2p