Crew Chief – Avon Park, FL - Versar, Inc
Crew Chief – Avon Park, FL
Versar, Inc. requisition # 18-0012
The Versar Environmental Services Group is seeking field technicians for a Phase I and Phase II archaeological project located in Avon Park, FL. The project will run for approximately nine weeks and is scheduled to begin February 2018. Per Diem and single occupancy lodging will be provided. The position will not exceed 40 hours per work week with no guarantee of 40 hours.
· Subsurface testing
· Digging numerous shovel test pits in compact and wet soils, carrying, lifting (up to 50lbs), and screening sediments for cultural materials.
· Follow the directions of the project archaeologist and lead a portion of the survey and testing crews when necessary.
· BA/BS degree in Anthropology or Archaeology, as well as the successful completion of an archaeological field school.
· Must have experience leading crews in archaeological surveys and site documentation, which includes feature and artifact identification and analysis.
· Perform shovel test pits (STPs). Site descriptions; photographs; and mapping.
· Must have a demonstrated background working with prehistoric and historic archaeological materials.
· Prior experience in the Florida cultures and knowledge of Florida prehistory and history is preferred.
· Requires working 8-hour days and must be capable of walking up to 4 miles a day in rough terrain.
· Individuals must be capable of collecting field data using Trimble GPS units.
· Individuals must be able to meet the requirements of various company and project safety and security requirements (i.e., no smoking in designated areas, UXO training, signing confidentiality agreements, etc.)
· Candidates must be capable of carrying out field duties, often with limited or no support, in extreme environments.
· Must possess a valid driver's license, and have access to reliable transportation.
Please submit your resume for consideration to the career page at www.verar.com