Project Archaeologist - Avon Park, FL - Versar, Inc.
Project Archaeologist - Avon Park, FL
Versar, Inc. requisition # 17-0094
The Project Archaeologist will be expected to conduct primary research, supervise fieldwork and crews, initiate and complete analyses, contribute to report production, and provide general administrative support as assigned to large block surveys, NRHP evaluation projects, or data recovery efforts.
M.A. degree in Anthropology, or closely related field, and minimum of 3 years of field supervisory /write-up experience. The preferred candidate will understand federal and state laws, regulations, standards, and guidelines governing cultural resources. Experience working on US military installations is highly desirable. Experience with managing and reporting large-scale survey, NRHP evaluation, and data recovery projects in the Southeast is required. GPS proficiency and adaptability to technological tools is mandatory.
Additional qualifications specific to this position:
· Collecting field data using Trimble GPS units, data dictionaries, and recording site attributes using pull down menus,
· Possess a valid driver's license and have access to reliable transportation,
· Pass a security clearance background check,
· Candidate must be physically capable of conducting survey in all weather and all environments, from very cold to very hot, and can lift and carry 50 lbs.,
· Experience performing archaeological survey and excavation within the southeastern United States.
Please submit your resume for consideration to the career page at www.verar.com