SEARCH Archaeological Technicians

SEARCH

SEARCH is a leading nationwide and global provider of cultural resource services in the fields of Archaeology, Maritime Archaeology, Architectural History, History and Archives, and Heritage Design.  We are continuously seeking top talent in the cultural resource management industry, and we have immediate openings for full-time Archaeological Technicians to join our team and work on multiple archaeological surveys and excavation projects located primarily in the Southeastern and South-central United States.

These projects will take place in variable terrain and will involve shovel testing, test unit excavation, and site mapping and documentation.

Qualified candidates should have the following:

  • Bachelor's degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or a related field;
  • At least six (6) months of archaeological field experience at an accredited archaeological field school or professional cultural resources firm;
  • Experience performing archaeological survey and excavation within the Southeastern and/or South-central United States;
  • Ability to meet deadlines;
  • Detail oriented, organized, and able to work well on simultaneous tasks;
  • Competent at taking detailed project notes;
  • Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
  • Competent at collecting field data using Trimble GPS;
  • Ability to navigate using US Geological Survey maps and aerial photography;
  • Ability to travel weeks at a time; and
  • A valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.

This position can be based out of SEARCH’s Florida offices of Jacksonville, Gainesville, or Orlando; our New Orleans, Louisiana office; or our Portsmouth, New Hampshire office.  Preference will be given to qualified candidates local to SEARCH offices..  Chosen candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and a criminal background check, including the DMV.

To Apply:

In Word or PDF format, please send a cover letter highlighting any Southeastern/South-central United States experience, your resume/CV, a minimum of two professional references, and your dates of availability.  SEARCH may contact references and will treat all employment inquires with discretion.  Apply here: https://search.workable.com/jobs/593646

Applicants must be eligible to be employed in the United States.  SEARCH offers a competitive compensation package with strong health/wellness and retirement plans.  Pay will be commensurate with education and experience.  For more information on SEARCH, please visit www.searchinc.com and follow us on Facebook or Instagram.

SEARCH is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish.

SEARCH is an equal-opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.

SEARCH is an Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.