ENPLAN is seeking a qualified Staff Archaeologist to join our multi-disciplinary team. This position offers great flexibility in hours and a laid back, yet professional work environment.
The successful candidate will support the work of the environmental services team on projects for both the public and private sectors throughout northern California. Specific responsibilities include the following:
· Establish and maintain productive working relationships with clients, subcontractors, agencies, and Native American representatives
· Prepare scopes of work and budgets based on project requirements
· Conduct pre-field research and records searches
· Develop archaeological research designs
· Conduct fieldwork including monitoring, survey, and excavation
· Prepare reports and eligibility evaluations in support of Section 106/CEQA/NEPA compliance
· M.A. or M.S in Anthropology, Archaeology, or closely related field
· Minimum of 1 year full-time professional experience or equivalent
specialized training in archeological research, administration or management
· Minimum of 6 months of supervised field and analytic experience in California or Great Basin
· Strong understanding of federal and state environmental regulations including NEPA, CEQA, and Section 106 of the NHPA
· Demonstrated ability to carry research to completion
· Registered Professional Archaeologist, or qualifications to become registered upon hire
· Ability to effectively communicate, orally and in writing, to the public, government employees, and other entities
· Ability to work independently
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
· One year or more of experience in Northern California or Great Basin archaeology
· Experience with Caltrans projects and familiarity with Caltrans Standard Environmental Reference
· Proficiency with ESRI ArcGIS software
· The physical demands described represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities.
· The employee must:
· Be able to walk on uneven and mountainous terrain up to eight miles per day.
· Frequently lift and move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 75 pounds.
Pay is dependent on capabilities and experience. Benefits available to qualified employees include company health and dental insurance cost share, retirement plan, paid holidays, paid leave, and professional development.
. Please describe your interest in working for ENPLAN, coordinating actions of team members, serving as an agency liaison, and being located in the Redding area. Additionally, you may include an applicable writing sample.