Staff Archaeologist, Coastal Environments, Inc.Corpus Christi, TX

rjoe_brandon

Staff Archaeologist
Coastal Environments, Inc. Corpus Christi, TX

Coastal Environments, Inc., (CEI) is looking to fill a staff archaeologist position for its Corpus Christi, TX, location. This is a full-time, salaried position with full benefits. We seek an enthusiastic, self-directed, professionally engaged archaeologist with a graduate degree in archaeology or related discipline and prehistoric experience. The successful candidate will serve in a combined Project Archaeologist/Principal Investigator role, and must be eligible to obtain an Antiquities Permit from the Texas Historical Commission. The workload will involve helping to support and develop projects in CEI’s South Texas region. This person will also be deeply involved in other CEI projects across Texas and the southeastern United States. Out of town travel will be required, and the successful candidate must have a current driver’s license and suitably clean driving record. The candidate will report to the Texas Regional Division Director (Dr. Jon Lohse) and to the Senior Vice President for Regional Offices and Cultural Resources (Richard A. Weinstein), and will work closely with and in support of current CEI staff in the Corpus office.

Experience with prehistoric coastal adaptations and a working familiarity with GIS is strongly desired. We also are looking for someone with familiarity with regulatory procedures that presently govern cultural resource management work in Texas and more broadly in the U.S.

CEI is a Baton Rouge-based company with a 50-year history of conducting scientifically informed investigations into coastal and near-coastal cultural adaptations. We have office locations in Corpus Christi and Houston, Texas; Baton Rouge and New Orleans, Louisiana; and Biloxi, Mississippi. We presently have service contracts with several state and federal agencies in Texas and Louisiana, and have a strong record of successfully conducting projects of all levels of intensity, including numerous data-recovery investigations on sites with occupations extending from Paleoindian to Historic time periods. We offer full benefits, including 401(k), following applicable introductory periods.

To apply for this position, please send a cover letter outlining your experience and qualifications; an updated, current CV; and a list of individuals with contact information who can provide a professional recommendation. This search is open until filled.

Materials should be submitted electronically to:

Sandi Hart
Senior Environmental Project Manager
Coastal Environments, Inc.

Corpus Christi, TX