Full Time Archaeologist - Southeastern U.S.

rjoe_brandon

LG² Environmental Solutions, Inc. has an immediate opening for a full-time Archaeologist to lead projects throughout the Southeast. We are seeking an enthusiastic, hard-working individual with a Masters or Doctoral degree in Anthropology or Archaeology and at least 5 years of archaeological CRM field experience in the Southeast. This position would be based in our Jacksonville, Florida office although well-qualified candidates would be considered for placement in our Georgia offices.

The Archaeologist will work closely with LG²ES project managers, laboratory director, and cultural resources and environmental staff. The Archaeologist will be responsible for management and supervision of archaeological projects, including survey, site evaluation, and site mitigation. Duties will include development and implementation of research designs, work plans, schedules, fieldwork, and analysis and reporting. Additional duties may include marketing, proposal development, client coordination, and regulatory consultation.
Qualified candidates will have the following:
Required: MA/MS or Ph.D. in Anthropology or Archaeology (must meet Secretary of the Interior’s guidelines). Five or more years of progressive CRM experience supervising archaeological projects in the southeastern United States. Candidates must have strong experience with identifying and recording prehistoric and historic resources, proven ability to manage field crews, and excellent management and communication (both oral and written) skills. Two writing samples will be required to demonstrate ability to prepare reports to completion. Familiarity with standard field technology (GPS, total station, etc.) and GIS applications and software. Experience with Microsoft Office, Word and Excel and Adobe. The successful candidate will have experience directing archaeological crews on Phase I surveys and Phase II site evaluations, and/or archaeological monitoring projects. The successful candidate will also have an excellent understanding of Section 106 of the NHPA. We are looking for an individual with a strong commitment to client service and technical excellence.

Preferred: Experience with state and federal agency and tribal consultation, and an excellent reputation within the professional and regulatory communities. Familiarity with federal archaeology standards and SHPO regulations across the Southeast.

The position will require some travel away from the home office.

Employment with LG²ES is subject to the successful completion of a background check and drug screen. This is a full-time, benefited position with competitive salary based on experience and education. Benefits include medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k), standard paid leave, and holidays.

Applicants should provide a cover letter and resume, as well as three references, to
Alvin Banguilan abanguilan@... abanguilan - at- lg2es.com and Jade Pritchard jpritchard@... jpritchard - at- lg2es.com.