Topics

Sergents & Diesel plows [1 Attachment]

Tim L

I emailed Frank some pics of a Bowser C630 with the type F fitted. I
don't know if he got them. I'll post them here for the group as well,
who knows they might help someone else. I've cropped them rather extensively for posting here.

As one can see, the striker castings on these Alco's are huge and the
head of the coupler should be in front of the striker casting, not
jammed in underneath it. I also tried to see if one could move the
mounting point further forward but that still won't work, you can't
move it forward enough and still be able to screw the coupler in.

A +0.100" extended shank coupler clears everything, but no type F.

James K, nice to hear from you. 500 pairs, well that's the demand part
of the equation for a longer shank type F sorted out for Frank.

Tim
Land of OZ

On 26/08/2016 06:27, James Wall @nsc39dash8 [SergentEng] wrote:

[Attachment(s) <#TopText> from James Wall included below]

Frank and Group,

I have fitted Sergent couplers to two Bowser Centuries(1-C630 and 2-
C636). While none had plows on them I keep running into the problem of
the coupler top plate hitting the top of the coupler. The C630 is
actually a Stewart in N&W. The C636 are Demo 636-1 and Delaware
Lackawanna 3642.

Frank, this was one of the projects I wanted to try the RailFlyer type
on and it does not work. The other was the Atlas scale box and that is
a bust as well. As far as I can tell we need the narrow shank with the
extension the EC87 has.

With the problem on hitting the plow with a F type, I have installed F
types in a Athearn Genesis GP39X and a RTR GP40X, both with plows and no
problems. This may need the same extension as the EC87 as well.

I would say the extension of 0.100 would be good for both projects.

Frank, I will try and take pictures of the problems with the Bowser ALCOs.

Here is a picture of the RTR GP40X with F and plow.