Topics

[SergentEng] Where to purchase

Mike Van Hove

Tom,
I have used his online cart, several times, with absolutely no problem.

You will love these couplers, I have converted all my HO Standard Gage Colorado Midland equipment to them, and I really like them.  (Over a hundred pieces of equipment)

I’m switching over to HOn3 and as I build my rolling stock, I’m using all Sergent couplers.

They have several advantages, but the one I like best is:  They don’t have slack running in and out all the time, like the Kaddees do.

Frank Sergent is a good guy to deal with.

I should give the usual disclaimer:

I’m not related to him, have never met him in person, but he’s been very good to work with.

Mike Van Hove

Columbia, MO

PS, do spend the few bucks and get the Assembly Fixture.  Well worth the price.

On Sep 19, 2017, at 7:07 PM, t_colasurdo@... [SergentEng] <SergentEng@...> wrote:

Good evening everyone:

I'm new to the conversation, so please forgive me if this topic has previously been discussed.

I've browsed the Sergent website, but I typically do not purchase utilizing on-line carts ... call me old fashion.  I did e-mail utilizing the contact e-mail provided, but no response.

I've searched my usual sources for modeling supplies, but did not see Sergent "S" scale couplers listed.

I'm comparing couplers to be utilized on my On3 models, and wanted to compare the Sergent couplers to Kadee O and On3 couplers, as well as Protocraft couplers.

Any suggestions on a source to purchase?

Thank you in advance for any recommendations.

V/r,

Tom Colasurdo

Mike
The real RR cars have all kinds of slack action that has to be taken into account of in train handling or there are problems w/ broken knuckles & drawbars, etc. When the real trains leave from a dead stop they have to do it slowly to avoid break in twos. Of course most of us modelers don't run trains over 30 cars so slack doesn't present the same kinds of prototype problems as the real RRs have. Our biggest break in two problems come from bad track work which causes misaligned couplers. >}

Andy Jackson
Santa Fe Springs CA