From: SergentEng@... [mailto:SergentEng@...] On Behalf Of jzook@...
Sent: Friday, February 07, 2014 9:57 AM
To: SergentEng@...
Subject: [SergentEng] RE: Pilot couplers

Hi John,

I have converted one of my Blackstone's to Sharon couplers on the pilot and the tender.  The locomotive I chose was my K-27 #459, which I also did a snowplow conversion on.  I've had no problems running double headers with this locomotive.  I believe the pilot and tender coupler boxes are isolated from the frame, so this shouldn't be a problem.  BTW, the Sharon looks awesome with the snow plow!  Very prototypical in appearance.  I did have to file down the underside of the plow so the coupler could move side to side more freely.

Jon