Topics

[SergentEng] Re: On30 Application

Nathan Rich

It depends on what you really want to do.

I think that S scale couplers at On3 height is the best way to go if you are modeling something that used 3/4 size couplers and you are going for the closest to scale that you can. I believe the D&RGW used full size MCB couplers, which also enabled them to switch standard gauge cars on dual gauge trackage. I think that HO couplers at regular HO height is a maybe sort of okay compromise but they certainly aren't scale.

It does not appear that Kadee offers coupler boxes independently of their couplers, though you might ask them if they'll sell you a bunch.

Nathan Rich

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 4:49 PM, markstafford15@... [SergentEng] <SergentEng@...> wrote:

Hi. I too model in On30 but my prototype is more like Maine two footers so I have gone for Shannon style.     A lot smaller than your S scale coupler.   For me I did consider using straight HO but decided to go smaller again.  Have you considered using straight HO instead😊

Mark from oz

Talmadge C 'TC' Carr

KD does offer their S/On30 box but do not catalog it.  You must call them.

(541) 826-3883

Another option is the box from SMMW:
<http://www.smokymountainmodelworks.com/S_detail_parts.html>

TCC:}

Charles Owen

Thanks for the several helpful responses to my earlier questions concerning Sergent S scale couplers being used for On30.  I have subsequently decided to utilize the Sergents with Kadee #802 S scale gear boxes placed at the recommended NMRA On3 coupler height standard.

C. Owen
Louisville, KY