Topics

[SergentEng] Re: Is there a maximum train length?

Andrew

Thank you for your replies.
I received an email from one of the members informing me of his assembly service for sergent couplers.  This led me believe that there was some confusion.  I have no intention of converting any couplers other than on my own rolling stock.  I must have left the perception that my whole club was converting unintentionally.

Andrew

On Apr 1, 2016, at 2:04 AM, "davesnyder59@... [SergentEng]" <SergentEng@...> wrote:

Hi Andrew, I have been using Sergent couplers for about 10 years and have not had a coupler fracture, but occasionally I get an uncoupling that I attribute to a track geometry/harmonics phenomenon. If it repeats, I simply
turn one car around or move the car in the lineup and that usually remedies the problem. I did drop a car once and it landed on the coupler, didn't damage the coupler, but the pocket(s) had to be replaced and I changed it to the Accurail scale pockets. It looked better anyway and the coupler worked fine. Although I only occasionally run a long train, the track geometry/harmonics happens on shorter trains as well, although it is rare in either case.

Dave Snyder
Louisville, Ky.

Alan Hummel

Andrew,

Do you know the members name& how to reach him?

Al

On Sunday, April 3, 2016 9:46 AM, "Andrew Porter ihtsbih_2014@... [SergentEng]" wrote:

[...]

Al,
Unfortunately I deleted the both the unsolicited email after replying that I was uninterested in paying additional money for these couplers, and my reply accidentally.

Andrew