Topics

[SergentEng] Re: Coupler boxes?

Robert Margerum
 

Try accurail but they are probably out of stock


On Dec 6, 2017, at 12:06 PM, michael.graff@... [SergentEng] <SergentEng@...> wrote:

 

I know the Accurail are no more. But is there any way to mount the Sergent now?
I wonder if anyone has a cad file on the Accurail to share?

Alan Hummel
 

I have a different problem,I believe as I have Intermountain corn syrup tankers from years ago with Accurail draft boxes but I need narrow shank SE couplers to fit these boxes,and am told Kadee style boxes won't fit on these tankers. Any ideas besides get rid of the tankers.



On Wednesday, December 6, 2017 1:00 PM, "ROBERT MARGERUM robmar@... [SergentEng]" wrote:


 
Try accurail but they are probably out of stock


On Dec 6, 2017, at 12:06 PM, michael.graff@... [SergentEng] <SergentEng@...> wrote:

 
I know the Accurail are no more. But is there any way to mount the Sergent now?
I wonder if anyone has a cad file on the Accurail to share?


John Degnan
 

I'm not sure I follow what you're saying... is the problem the draft gear box or the coupler?  What are you trying to do - install a coupler in the existing gear box or replace the entire gear box?  If the Sergent EN (narrow shank) coupler will fit in the stock gear box... why replace it?  If it won't fit, figure out why, then rectify the issue(s) then install the EN Sergent coupler of your choice.


If you can take and post pictures of the gear box on your model, surely someone here will be able to help you figure out a solution.



John Degnan

Scaler164@...



On December 7, 2017 at 11:48 AM "Alan Hummel ahummel72@... [SergentEng]" <SergentEng@...> wrote:

I have a different problem,I believe as I have Intermountain corn syrup tankers from years ago with Accurail draft boxes but I need narrow shank SE couplers to fit these boxes,and am told Kadee style boxes won't fit on these tankers. Any ideas besides get rid of the tankers.

Michael Graff
 

I don't have any draft gear boxes...
They aren't included in the car kits nor on the brass locomotives.
I have used the Accurail boxes, but as they aren't available I had to ask if there's another option available.
I have fortunately gotten a bunch of Accurail boxes now from a member here. 

På tors, dec. 2017 klockan 23:04, John Degnan Scaler164@... [SergentEng]
skrev:
 

I'm not sure I follow what you're saying... is the problem the draft gear box or the coupler?  What are you trying to do - install a coupler in the existing gear box or replace the entire gear box?  If the Sergent EN (narrow shank) coupler will fit in the stock gear box... why replace it?  If it won't fit, figure out why, then rectify the issue(s) then install the EN Sergent coupler of your choice.


If you can take and post pictures of the gear box on your model, surely someone here will be able to help you figure out a solution.



John Degnan

Scaler164@...



On December 7, 2017 at 11:48 AM "Alan Hummel ahummel72@... [SergentEng]" wrote:

I have a different problem,I believe as I have Intermountain corn syrup tankers from years ago with Accurail draft boxes but I need narrow shank SE couplers to fit these boxes,and am told Kadee style boxes won't fit on these tankers. Any ideas besides get rid of the tankers.

John Degnan
 

Ok, I see.  Well... if you need any more, a replacement draft gear box will be available soon.... likely before the end of this month.



John D

Scaler164@...


On December 7, 2017 at 5:50 PM "Michael Graff michael.graff@... [SergentEng]" <SergentEng@...> wrote:

 

I don't have any draft gear boxes...

They aren't included in the car kits nor on the brass locomotives.
I have used the Accurail boxes, but as they aren't available I had to ask if there's another option available.
I have fortunately gotten a bunch of Accurail boxes now from a member here. 
Regards Michael.


På tors, dec. 2017 klockan 23:04, John Degnan Scaler164@... [SergentEng]
<SergentEng@...> skrev:
 

 

I'm not sure I follow what you're saying... is the problem the draft gear box or the coupler?  What are you trying to do - install a coupler in the existing gear box or replace the entire gear box?  If the Sergent EN (narrow shank) coupler will fit in the stock gear box... why replace it?  If it won't fit, figure out why, then rectify the issue(s) then install the EN Sergent coupler of your choice.


If you can take and post pictures of the gear box on your model, surely someone here will be able to help you figure out a solution.



John Degnan

Scaler164@...



On December 7, 2017 at 11:48 AM "Alan Hummel ahummel72@... [SergentEng]" <SergentEng@...> wrote:

I have a different problem,I believe as I have Intermountain corn syrup tankers from years ago with Accurail draft boxes but I need narrow shank SE couplers to fit these boxes,and am told Kadee style boxes won't fit on these tankers. Any ideas besides get rid of the tankers.