Topics

[SergentEng] RE: Building and installing Sergent couplers

John Niemeyer <jniemeyer@...>

Chris

I’ve needed the reamer for EN87’s in my Blackstone equipment. HOn3 kits from PSC, Grandt Line  Blackstone make their coupler pockets to fit Kadee 714 couplers. The 714 has a slightly smaller mounting pin, so if you are installing Sergent EN87 for anything designed to fit the Kadee 711, 713 & 714, you will need the reamer. Some Sergent narrow shank couplers come with the Accumate draft gear boxes.

John

I haven't bought the reamer, but I am considering it when I place another order for couplers.

Chris Z.

Christopher Zurek

I actually could have used the reamer on some EC87's that I was putting in standard gauge cars.

Since I already had these, I used them carefully with my cordless Dremel:
http://www.harborfreight.com/20-piece-1-8-eighth-inch-shank-diamond-point-set-40547.html

It worked but I think the reamer would be better.

Chris Z.

_