Topics

[SergentEng] How long to get your order

Ernest Puddick

Not sure about 'down under' but in the UK it can get stuck in Customs.

On 23 Jun 2014, at 14:16, "TS egroupstuff@... [SergentEng]" <SergentEng@...> wrote:

Hello all,

Just a question for any fellow Aussie's that might be on this list,
how long has it taken to get any orders? Tomorrow will be 14 days
since ordering. Now for others reading 14 days isn't any real cause
(yet) for alarm bells but the norm would be about 10 days so just
wondering what time frame others have had.

Hopefully tomorrow will be the day.

Best to 'ya all,

Tim
Land of OZ

Rob McLear

Tim

I have an order that has been about the same amount of time.   I wouldn't worry yet, I get stuff regularly from the States and it can take quite a while to arrive sometimes.   Longest I have had on parts was 23 days, although I am waiting on three back ordered magazines from Craftsman and that has been about 3 months, again with the tracking that has been held up in Customs for some reason, maybe someone wants to read them before me...

Rob McLear
Queensland.

Tim L

Thanks to those that replied, on and off list.

Indeed 14 days is no worry (no, they didn't arrive today). As Rob
has one in about the same time I'm even less worried than not worried
at all. If I have to wait 5 weeks or so (about two weeks to post as
Peter recently experienced and then to actually get here) I might be
a bit miffed though.

Rob, your three month experience is like one I had; eons ago I ordered
some back issues of a mag from the US; they came sea mail! If I
remember rightly it was almost 3 months to the day from ordering to
landing in my letter box.

Tim
Land of OZ

On 24/06/2014 10:50, roblmclear@... [SergentEng] wrote:
Tim

I have an order that has been about the same amount of time. I
wouldn't worry yet, I get stuff regularly from the States and it can
take quite a while to arrive sometimes. Longest I have had on parts
was 23 days, although I am waiting on three back ordered magazines from
Craftsman and that has been about 3 months, again with the tracking that
has been held up in Customs for some reason, maybe someone wants to read
them before me...

Rob McLear
Queensland.

Christopher Zurek

I'm curious. Has anyone actually even heard from Frank or Sergent Eng?

I'm not in OZ but the USA, Minnesota to be exact. I placed an order around noon on Friday and usually I would have gotten it Monday or Tuesday. It's Wednesday evening and I still haven't heard anything about the order.

Chris Z.

On 6/24/2014 7:07 AM, TS egroupstuff@... [SergentEng] wrote:

Thanks to those that replied, on and off list.

Indeed 14 days is no worry (no, they didn't arrive today). As Rob
has one in about the same time I'm even less worried than not worried
at all. If I have to wait 5 weeks or so (about two weeks to post as
Peter recently experienced and then to actually get here) I might be
a bit miffed though.

Rob, your three month experience is like one I had; eons ago I ordered
some back issues of a mag from the US; they came sea mail! If I
remember rightly it was almost 3 months to the day from ordering to
landing in my letter box.

Tim
Land of OZ

On 24/06/2014 10:50, roblmclear@... [SergentEng] wrote:
> Tim
>

> I have an order that has been about the same amount of time. I
> wouldn't worry yet, I get stuff regularly from the States and it can
> take quite a while to arrive sometimes. Longest I have had on parts
> was 23 days, although I am waiting on three back ordered magazines from
> Craftsman and that has been about 3 months, again with the tracking that
> has been held up in Customs for some reason, maybe someone wants to read
> them before me...
>
> Rob McLear
> Queensland.

Ryan Harris

Yes. My last order seemed to be taking longer than I expected for delivery, so I sent an email asking when I could expect the package. I got a reply saying that it was just sent out and sure enough, it arrived a few days later.

My guess is that all these packages are packed by hand and a flurry of orders can quickly exhaust Sergent's supply. When that happens, those little packages are filled to order. I can see that taking some time.

Ryan H
Fort Worth, TX

On 6/25/2014 7:45 PM, 'Christopher A. Zurek' zurekc@q.com [SergentEng] wrote:

[...]

John Niemeyer <jniemeyer@...>

Chris

I placed an order on the 16th of this month. I got an immediate reply from Frank and already received my order.

John Niemeyer
also in Minnesota

I'm curious. Has anyone actually even heard from Frank or Sergent Eng?

I'm not in OZ but the USA, Minnesota to be exact. I placed an order around noon on Friday and usually I would have gotten it Monday or Tuesday. It's Wednesday evening and I still haven't heard anything about the order.

Chris Z.

Jason McKee <jdmkee@...>

Hi Guys,

It can take anywhere from a week to 2 months for items I have ordered to arrive, not just from Sergent(I have found those average about three weeks).  I have just had a priority USPS parcel take three weeks to get from Florida when a first class parcel took a week, both were sent at the same time.  Auspost and customs seem to have a lot to do with times as well, plus for me living in Queensland, any package comes into Sydney to be cleared first, then sent by truck  to us here in Brisbane.

It is frustrating sometimes watching tracking of the parcel sitting in Sydney for three days for no apparent reason.

Jason McKee

wrote:

> I'm curious. Has anyone actually even heard from Frank or Sergent Eng?
>
> I'm not in OZ but the USA, Minnesota to be exact. I placed an order
> around noon on Friday and usually I would have gotten it Monday or
> Tuesday. It's Wednesday evening and I still haven't heard anything
> about the order.
>
> Chris Z.
>
> On 6/24/2014 7:07 AM, TS egroupstuff@... [SergentEng] wrote:
>>
>> Thanks to those that replied, on and off list.
>>
>> Indeed 14 days is no worry (no, they didn't arrive today). As Rob
>> has one in about the same time I'm even less worried than not worried
>> at all. If I have to wait 5 weeks or so (about two weeks to post as
>> Peter recently experienced and then to actually get here) I might be
>> a bit miffed though.
>>
>> Rob, your three month experience is like one I had; eons ago I ordered
>> some back issues of a mag from the US; they came sea mail! If I
>> remember rightly it was almost 3 months to the day from ordering to
>> landing in my letter box.
>>
>> Tim
>> Land of OZ
>>
>> On 24/06/2014 10:50, roblmclear@... [SergentEng] wrote:
>> > Tim
>> >

>> > I have an order that has been about the same amount of time. I
>> > wouldn't worry yet, I get stuff regularly from the States and it can
>> > take quite a while to arrive sometimes. Longest I have had on parts
>> > was 23 days, although I am waiting on three back ordered magazines from
>> > Craftsman and that has been about 3 months, again with the tracking
>> that
>> > has been held up in Customs for some reason, maybe someone wants to
>> read
>> > them before me...
>> >
>> > Rob McLear
>> > Queensland.

Frank Sergent

Hi Folks,

We typically do shipments twice a week. Most orders we receive ship within 3 days. If you order something that doesn't happen to be on the shelf currently, then it will probably be week before we ship. On rare occasions, we mess up royally and loose an order or whatever and it will be longer. If you are starting to get worried, send us an email and we'll let you know what the status is.

Paypal used to automatically send out shipment notifications for domestic orders when we printed the shipping label. That system quit working when ORACLE (Java) deployed a software "upgrade" and broke Paypal's postage label printing system. So everybody's in the dark a little now as to when something shipped. Again, if you want to know, just send us an email and ask.

Chris: Your order shipped out Monday.
Tim: Your order shipped out last Tuesday or Oz.
Rob: Your order shipped June 9 to Oz

We have shipped a ton of packages (probably more than a ton actually) internationally and have only had two that didn't eventually show up - both to Brazil. We ship a lot to Australia. We actually ship a quite a bit to China as well - go figure.

Thanks,
Frank

Rob McLear

Thanks Frank, from June 9 it took till June 26 to arrive not bad really and on a par with anything else I have ordered from the U.S.

Rob McLear.

Christopher Zurek

Thanks Frank, my couplers arrived today.

I didn't know that PayPal was "broken", I was concerned that I had not received any information from you about the order or that it had been sent. I was hoping you were OK.

Chris Z.

On 6/25/2014 10:36 PM, fsergent@... [SergentEng] wrote:

[...]

Thanks Frank, they arrived yesterday (about 2 weeks from posting).

What gems they are compared to the old 2004 model that I had trouble
with. I can see plenty of Sergents in my future! Now all I need is
some glue, paint and some warmer weather (it's about 5 degrees here
today) to do something with them.

Tim
Land of OZ

On 26/06/2014 13:36, fsergent@... [SergentEng] wrote:
[...]

Randall Vos

I'll trade you on the weather, was 93°F yesterday in Mount Airy, NC.......

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android