Topics

[SergentEng] Coupler boxes?

George

They are still listed on the Accurail web site.

George Sebastian-Coleman

On Dec 6, 2017, at 12:06 PM, michael.graff@... [SergentEng] <SergentEng@...> wrote:

I know the Accurail are no more. But is there any way to mount the Sergent now?
I wonder if anyone has a cad file on the Accurail to share?

__._,_.

Mark Lewis

This announcement was posted Nov. 17, 2017 on the Sergent Engineering Coupler Users Facebook group page:

"NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT : Jim King of Smoky Mountain Model Works (and myself) have come up with a design for a “drop in” replacement for the long-out-of-stock Accurail scale-sized draft gear box that Sergent used to sell with his EN87 couplers... but our new box adds certain details and a special (optional) feature that might make a LOT of users happy. I won’t go into further detail at this time because testing isn’t finished and the CAD files not started, but we do have 2 working prototypes of the new box. Give Jim until just after Thanksgiving to finalize the design, work up pricing and upload a CAD image to Jim's web site. When it’s ready to launch, I’ll update everyone with all the info you’ll need to place your orders".

There has been no further information posted on this, but it sounds promising.

Mark Lewis
Stony Point, NC