From: SergentEngineering@groups.io <SergentEngineering@groups.io> on behalf of Ross Hurley <rosshurley@...>
Sent: Monday, 5 February 2018 10:42 AM
To: SergentEngineering@groups.io
Subject: Sergent Engineering First Post

Brief intro. I use Sergent couplers for auto-coupled stock on an Australian broad gauge layout (genuine broad gauge - 18.39mm), set in the 1920s. The South Australian Railways had an American commissioner then who Americanised the rail system, replacing antiquated and inefficient British style locos, rolling stock and operating practices. I model the transition era so both types of rolling stock are in use, which means I have to use another coupler on the old chain- and drawhook-coupled stock. It's an interesting mix but the Sergents are perfect for the job they do.

Ross Hurley
Adelaide, Australia