Topics

Sergent Engineering Couplers

Robert J. Amsler, Jr.

I model in HO and I just bought some couplers.  I am interested in the future of the couplers now that I know Frank intends to stop producing them.

Robert J. Amsler, Jr.

514 Dover Place

Saint Louis, Missouri 63111

(314) 606-6118  (Telephone)

(314) 754-2688  (Facsimile)

ramsler@...

Nathan Rich

Frank is stopping production? I haven't read anything that suggests that. Source please?

Nathan Rich

On Sat, Jul 7, 2018 at 2:18 PM, Robert J. Amsler, Jr. <mpfan1@...> wrote:

I model in HO and I just bought some couplers.  I am interested in the future of the couplers now that I know Frank intends to stop producing them.

Robert J. Amsler, Jr.

514 Dover Place

Saint Louis, Missouri 63111

(314) 606-6118  (Telephone)

(314) 754-2688  (Facsimile)

ramsler@...

Alan Hummel

Frank is looking to have someone buy him out,or using his drawings,make couplers like his to my understanding. He's not pulling out,but is looking to leave the coupler business but wants to see his couplers fall into a new manufacturer's hands so his coupler line continues into the future.

I admit having thoughts of how long his coupler line will remain available,myself. What's REALLY concerning me,is noone has seemingly shown much interest in the project. These couplers are a milestone to HO Scale. The next thing that's on the way are Prototypical working ground throw switchstands with targets from ALL ABOARD TRAINS. These are a ways off as the 1st 'stands are being made in O Scale 1st,but the company's owner hopes to make an HO Model in the future.

Alan Hummel

Randall Vos

I thought Frank said a while back that he had a few companies interested in his business?

Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Smartphone

Frank is looking to have someone buy him out,or using his drawings,make couplers like his to my understanding. He's not pulling out,but is looking to leave the coupler business but wants to see his couplers fall into a new manufacturer's hands so his coupler line continues into the future.

I admit having thoughts of how long his coupler line will remain available,myself. What's REALLY concerning me,is noone has seemingly shown much interest in the project. These couplers are a milestone to HO Scale. The next thing that's on the way are Prototypical working ground throw switchstands with targets from ALL ABOARD TRAINS. These are a ways off as the 1st 'stands are being made in O Scale 1st,but the company's owner hopes to make an HO Model in the future.

Alan Hummel

Alan Hummel

To all,

Early on when Frank made his couplers available to new marketers,1 person from oversees was interested but thought the cost for oversees shipping was too much.

I'm curious with seriousness:how much would it take to buy Frank out? I'm 60,not in the best of health can't find any work because of my health,love railroading,maybe this would be what I need.(?)

Al Hummel

On Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 8:32:00 PM EDT, Randall Vos via Groups.Io <r_vos1979@...> wrote:

[...]

Paul Dallard

How much would he want for his business?

An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind. - Buddha

On Jul 11, 2018, at 11:09, Alan Hummel via Groups.Io <ahummel72@...> wrote:

[...]

Scott Reinert

Frank Sergent

Could you please email me. I have some questions regarding your couplers, past and present. I have interest in your wonderful line of couplers and might be able to expand it.

Thank you
Scott Reinert

On July 11, 2018, at 1:21 PM, Frank Sergent <fsergent@...> wrote:

[...]

L. J. Casey

wonder if the entire 'company' can be financed and run by a committee....(ha ....yeah..I know that sounds silly)

LJ Casey
Maryville,IL

--
Loren Casey
Maryville,IL

--
Loren Casey
Maryville, IL

L. J. Casey

interesting question regarding the 3d printing.    what is the problem so far with people printing in 3d?   tolerance, or material strength.    I know there are some metal filaments available with different metal types in 'suspension' with the PLA or whatever.   Has that been tried?   perhaps that has no more inherent strength than straight PLA or whatever.   I also doubt it allows any finer tolerances.   Just wondering aloud.    I have a mostly put together home 3d printer, but haven't learned any CAD yet.   I would assume that a typical home 3d printer has insufficient precision to allow the tolerances needed amongst the parts, but would love to hear what you(Mr Sergent) has to say on the issue.

thanks,
LJ Casey
Maryville, IL
who is still only a dabbler as the railroad is not running yet.

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 1:21 PM, Frank Sergent <fsergent@...> wrote:
[...]

Brian

Just as a matter of interest Frank, if you were to make a slotted knuckle for the S scale coupling you would find a good market for those modellers modelling On2 and also for those doing On30 Puffing Billy in Australia.

Brian
Rawbelle County Workshops
Qld. Aust.

Frank is looking to have someone buy him out,or using his drawings,make couplers like his to my understanding. He's not pulling out,but is looking to leave the coupler business but wants to see his couplers fall into a new manufacturer's hands so his coupler line continues into the future.

I admit having thoughts of how long his coupler line will remain available,myself. What's REALLY concerning me,is noone has seemingly shown much interest in the project. These couplers are a milestone to HO Scale. The next thing that's on the way are Prototypical working ground throw switchstands with targets from ALL ABOARD TRAINS. These are a ways off as the 1st 'stands are being made in O Scale 1st,but the company's owner hopes to make an HO Model in the future.

Alan Hummel

Dave Houghton

Frank,
You are being more than generous! Bless you Dude! If I was a little younger and in better health, I be on this like CA glue!

Regards,
Dave Houghton