Topics

Painting couplets

Ken Neufeld

Group,
I paint my couplers with Bragdon weathering powders. I have a set of powders that have
3 different rust colors. I just put some of the powder on a plate and add a little water. The powders dissolve in the water and you can mix them to any level of rust color you wish to achieve. Just be careful how much water you use. I use a spray bottle. It doesn't take much to mix the powder to a usable consistency. I paint mine with a brush after they are assembled and have no problems with the couplers not functioning properly. Also after the mix dries on the plate, you can add water again and reuse.

Ken Neufeld