New Member

Tim Weller

Edited

Hello, I’m from Indianapolis, Indiana modeling in HO scale.
Has anyone successfully 3D printed plastic couplers? I read someone had the plastic shank but still needed to use at least 1 cast piece. I’m only needing to put couplers on a handful of cars so I’d think full plastic would be fine.
Also, what’s the diameter of the ball bearing? Has anyone ever tried to use a magnetic cylinder instead? I’d be interested in repelling the magnet from beneith instead of the wand from above. I’ve seen 1/16” diameter neo magnets that seem like they could work.
I appreciate any help or feedback. Thanks!