Topics

New Member

Martin Rosenfeld

I am a new member. I am an HO modeler who is interesting in whatever is available in my scale.

Martin Rosenfeld

Thomas Bavolar

Hello Group Members....I model HO and O scale passenger car equipment both heavyweight and streamline. I slice, dice and kit bash all of this equipment. Unfortunately the diaphragms on the cars preclude the use of the Sergent coupler. However, if I were to start modeling the older, wooden, open platform equipment, I'd use the Sergents. In the mean time I enjoy reading the posts and find them to be very informative.....Tom Bavolar

Nathan Rich

Diaphragms do not preclude the use of sergent couplers, you just have to use an MWRY uncoupler tool which is designed to work with passenger equipment.

Nathan Rich

On Feb 6, 2018 16:04, "Thomas Bavolar" <tomsmodeltrains@...> wrote:
Hello Group Members....I model HO and O scale passenger car equipment both heavyweight and streamline. I slice, dice and kit bash all of this equipment. Unfortunately the diaphragms on the cars preclude the use of the Sergent coupler. However, if I were to start modeling the older, wooden, open platform equipment, I'd use the Sergents. In the mean time I enjoy reading the posts and find them to be very informative.....Tom Bavolar

Thomas Bavolar

Hello Nathan and thanks for the reply. I'd like to get one of these uncoupler tools. Where are they available?......Tom

Nathan Rich

Sergent Engineering website, hit Products, then Compatible, and scroll down.

Nathan