Topics

Membership

Neil Erickson

Thank you for considering my membership to the Sergent coupler .io group.

My name is Neil Erickson, born in 1959, and have been building railroad models now over fifty years.  My love of model building lead me into the architectural practice and I became licensed in 1991 in California and then in Hawaii where I currently reside.  I work for our county government with permit and plan review management nowadays so have a little more time than when in private practice. I still draw some but for my own projects and model building. Lately this has been for 3D prints by Shapeways but am seriously considering a printer for my own use.

Years of HO scale and Kadee couplers got me involved in operations. After building a G (F) scale layout in our yard I decided to remove my indoor layout and try On30 railroading. That was in 2010.

Sergent S scale couplers look and work amazingly well in On30 but, like any layout, it needs to be accessible in order to switch cars. Sergent uncoupling is not only more realistic but much more reliable but the S scale couplers have become nearly impossible to find.

I hope that this group can lead me to other modelers using or developing versions useful for my scale/gage even if I need to support these efforts with my little cash on hand.

This is a slice of who I am as my many other interests are far from model railroading such as gardening, music, and cycling. Please let me know if you would be interested in my current layout as I post often on the MRH forum and my FaceBook page as well. Thanks again.

Neil

redbarnz@...

Neil,
Christopher Allen Zurek is the moderator/admin of the group not me. I joined the group about a month ago. Perhaps because I have put up a few comments, this may lead some to think I am a gatekeeper. I'm not.
    I welcome you to the group. The more, the merrier!

Warm regards,
Tom Barnes

[...]

Mike Conder

Actually, to set the record straight as one of the owners I can confirm that Chris Zurek is NOT the moderator of this Sergent Engineering group.  John Niemeyer & I are owners, and I don't remember the other owners (if any or moderators (again, if any.)

Mike Conder

Neil Erickson

Mike;

Sorry for the confusion. The automated email simply asked me to write about myself. Probably more than was necessary.

Neil Erickson

On Sunday, July 19, 2020, 10:09 AM, Mike Conder <vulturenest1@...> wrote:

Actually, to set the record straight as one of the owners I can confirm that Chris Zurek is NOT the moderator of this Sergent Engineering group.  John Niemeyer & I are owners, and I don't remember the other owners (if any or moderators (again, if any.)

Mike Conder

Tom Barnes <redbarnz@...>

Mike,
Don't know why but in the last 24 hrs I've gotten 2 of these requests sent directly to my email account.
     I'm sending them to someone else I think can help them... I didn't know who that might be but Chris.

     Cheers,
Tom Barnes