From: "Ross Pinyan" <monaross75@...>
Sent: 2/12/2021 10:40:53 AM
Subject: [Sergent Engineering] "Link and Pin" Coupler Patent Model

Some of you may consider this post a bit off topic, but since this group focuses on couplers, passing along this eBay listing that might be of some interest.  BTW: I have absolutely no interest or association with this seller.  Two pictures hopefully will be viewable below.  See eBay details at:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334235571519

Ross PINYAN - Irvine, Calif.

Ross Pinyan

Thanx for you YouTube video... very interesting.  As a matter of (almost) ancient history fact, I was in Port Elizabeth, SA,for a day or so in late Sept/Early Oct. 1973, and remember seeing similar steam powered trains come to a halt there.  Was totally amazing... and me sans camera.  I should have examined the couplers more closely.  The engineer on one of the diminutive locos strongly resembled the posed photo of the cigar chomping hogger in Beebe and Cleege's "Steamcars to the Comstock."
Ross Pinyan - Irvine, Calif.

Brian

Of all of the various 2ft. line the SAR had, Port Elizabeth had chopper couplings on that system.