For Sale: Multiple coupler types, assembled and kits - Australia

Justin Walker

Hi all,

Sadly as I leave HO scale I must part with my beloved Sergent Couplers. So far all the rolling stock I have sold has been dispersing Sergents to the country however I still have a large supply of them available.

The full details are in my ebay listing:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/275174210013?hash=item4011a939dd:g:F1wAAOSwtn9iEFnj#shpCntId

Note that the listing is open to many countries and I can quote postal rates before you bid for international if you hope to avoid sticker shock. Listing is AUD$200 (approx USD$145) so postage will still see this under USD$200 for approx USD$950 worth of product

Would make a good supply for someone looking to convert a fleet

Item Number Description  Qty
1031/1081 Accurail Tru Scale Draft Gearboxes 150
AFN Narrow shank assembly jig 1
EN87KB Narrow Shank Coupler (Bulk pack) 1
  Narrow shank unassembled couplers 26
  Narrow shank assembled couplers 16
SEN87A Narrow Shank Double Shelf (pack 6 assembled in boxes) 1

AFC Standard Shank Assembly Jig 2
EC87KB Standard Shank Coupler (Bulk Pack) 2
  EC87KB assembled 136
  Standard Shank Coupler (unassembled loose) 90
EC87P130K Standard Shank +.130" (pack 6 unassembled) 1
EC87P130K Standard Shank +.130" assembled  18
SBEC87KB Standard Shank Lower Shelf Coupler (Bulk Pack) 1
SBEC87K Standard Shank Lower Shelf Coupler (pack 6 unassembled) 3
SEC87K Standard Shank Double Shelf (pack 6 unassembled) 3

  Scale dummy couplers 36
  Coupler Spring / Ball packs (6 each) 12
  Bulk Pack Springs
  Bulk Pack Balls
HG87 Coupler Height Gauge 3
MS Uncoupling Wand 7
ES1P87 Steam Loco pocket and coupler 2
RM20 Reamer and Handle 1
IFN Sergent Instalation Kit  1

Thanks for the bandwidth

Justin Walker

John Sorrel

Sorry to hear you will not be using Sergent couplers any longer.

You have an idea what the shipping cost to a 53150 zip code would be?

Thank you

John Sorrel

On Friday, February 18, 2022, 09:25:13 PM CST, Justin Walker <jpwalker4449@...> wrote:

[...]

Andy Reichert

There is currently some sort of financial or regulatory stand-off between the USPS and the Australian mail system, at least from the US outbound.  First class package service has been suspended in favor if the much more expensive priority mail.  I don't know if it is in effect inbound as well.

https://postcalc.usps.com/Calculator/MailServices?country=10013&ccode=AU&oz=93420&omil=False&dmil=False&mdt=2%2F19%2F2022&mdz=8%3A29&m=6&dvi=50&p=0&o=7

Andy

On 2/19/2022 4:23 AM, John Sorrel via groups.io wrote:
Sorry to hear you will not be using Sergent couplers any longer.

You have an idea what the shipping cost to a 53150 zip code would be?

Thank you

John Sorrel
https://www.avg.com

James Koretsky

Andy,

It's not just 1st Class Package International, it's Priority Mail International as well. The only option is Priority Mail Express International, which is 30% more than Priority Mail International.

And yes, it's also reciprocal, with the most expensive option only available from Australia, although a seamail is an option, although I did recently get offered International Standard, but without tracking, so I declined.

What's interesting is, that the routes haven't changed for the Highest Class of service from the US to Ausralia, and the time is still well above what they're stating the time frame should be.

James

On 02/19/2022 10:38 AM Andy Reichert <andy_r@...> wrote:

There is currently some sort of financial or regulatory stand-off
between the USPS and the Australian mail system, at least from the US
outbound.  First class package service has been suspended in favor if
the much more expensive priority mail.  I don't know if it is in effect
inbound as well.

https://postcalc.usps.com/Calculator/MailServices?country=10013&ccode=AU&oz=93420&omil=False&dmil=False&mdt=2%2F19%2F2022&mdz=8%3A29&m=6&dvi=50&p=0&o=7

Andy

On 2/19/2022 4:23 AM, John Sorrel via groups.io wrote:
Sorry to hear you will not be using Sergent couplers any longer.

You have an idea what the shipping cost to a 53150 zip code would be?

Thank you

John Sorrel

https://www.avg.com

Justin Walker

Hi all,

I have confirmed with our postal service that we are indeed ok to send to the USA currently but as noted the best, and only option I am offering, is Express International Parcel. This includes tracking but may be small delays over standard delivery time. Cost for this package of couplers is AUD$58 so around the USD$38 mark.

Hope this helps clear any confusion

Cheers
Justin

Dale Buxton <dbtuathaddana@...>

The current US postmaster is a self serving face job named Louis DeJoy. Last December he suddenly announced that the United States Postal Service could no longer afford to ship the mail to Australia and New Zealand. An out and out lie!

Never mind the proven fact that he is invested in several companies that ship international parcels in direct competition with the US mail. His actions are a clear violation of conflict of interest laws in this area.

Because the the US postal service is run by a board of regents style committee. He can not be directly removed by executive action. The postal board most vote to remove him from office. But believe me, there is a movement afoot in the USA to have this self serving jerk removed from office and banned from public service for good.

Dale Buxton

On Sat, Feb 19, 2022 at 08:38 Andy Reichert <andy_r@...> wrote:
There is currently some sort of financial or regulatory stand-off
between the USPS and the Australian mail system, at least from the US
outbound.  First class package service has been suspended in favor if
the much more expensive priority mail.  I don't know if it is in effect
inbound as well.

https://postcalc.usps.com/Calculator/MailServices?country=10013&ccode=AU&oz=93420&omil=False&dmil=False&mdt=2%2F19%2F2022&mdz=8%3A29&m=6&dvi=50&p=0&o=7

Andy

On 2/19/2022 4:23 AM, John Sorrel via groups.io wrote:
> Sorry to hear you will not be using Sergent couplers any longer.
>
> You have an idea what the shipping cost to a 53150 zip code would be?
>
> Thank you
>
> John Sorrel

https://www.avg.com

Mike Conder

Last I heard was that the US has limited service to Oz and New Zealand as normal commercial flights there have been curtailed by those countries.  No planes, no mail heading to/from there on planes.

Mike Conder

On Sun, Feb 20, 2022 at 3:28 PM Dale Buxton <dbtuathaddana@...> wrote:
The current US postmaster is a self serving face job named Louis DeJoy. Last December he suddenly announced that the United States Postal Service could no longer afford to ship the mail to Australia and New Zealand. An out and out lie!

Never mind the proven fact that he is invested in several companies that ship international parcels in direct competition with the US mail. His actions are a clear violation of conflict of interest laws in this area.

Because the the US postal service is run by a board of regents style committee. He can not be directly removed by executive action. The postal board most vote to remove him from office. But believe me, there is a movement afoot in the USA to have this self serving jerk removed from office and banned from public service for good.

Dale Buxton

On Sat, Feb 19, 2022 at 08:38 Andy Reichert <andy_r@...> wrote:
There is currently some sort of financial or regulatory stand-off
between the USPS and the Australian mail system, at least from the US
outbound.  First class package service has been suspended in favor if
the much more expensive priority mail.  I don't know if it is in effect
inbound as well.

https://postcalc.usps.com/Calculator/MailServices?country=10013&ccode=AU&oz=93420&omil=False&dmil=False&mdt=2%2F19%2F2022&mdz=8%3A29&m=6&dvi=50&p=0&o=7

Andy

On 2/19/2022 4:23 AM, John Sorrel via groups.io wrote:
> Sorry to hear you will not be using Sergent couplers any longer.
>
> You have an idea what the shipping cost to a 53150 zip code would be?
>
> Thank you
>
> John Sorrel

https://www.avg.com

Leni Bogat

Dale, a truer work was ne’er spoke. The man is a crook pure and simple and needs to go stand in the corner for about twenty years.

Leni

On Feb 20, 2022, at 4:28 PM, Dale Buxton <dbtuathaddana@...> wrote:

The current US postmaster is a self serving face job named Louis DeJoy. Last December he suddenly announced that the United States Postal Service could no longer afford to ship the mail to Australia and New Zealand. An out and out lie!

Never mind the proven fact that he is invested in several companies that ship international parcels in direct competition with the US mail. His actions are a clear violation of conflict of interest laws in this area.

Because the the US postal service is run by a board of regents style committee. He can not be directly removed by executive action. The postal board most vote to remove him from office. But believe me, there is a movement afoot in the USA to have this self serving jerk removed from office and banned from public service for good.

Dale Buxton

On Sat, Feb 19, 2022 at 08:38 Andy Reichert <andy_r@...> wrote:
There is currently some sort of financial or regulatory stand-off
between the USPS and the Australian mail system, at least from the US
outbound.  First class package service has been suspended in favor if
the much more expensive priority mail.  I don't know if it is in effect
inbound as well.

https://postcalc.usps.com/Calculator/MailServices?country=10013&ccode=AU&oz=93420&omil=False&dmil=False&mdt=2%2F19%2F2022&mdz=8%3A29&m=6&dvi=50&p=0&o=7

Andy

On 2/19/2022 4:23 AM, John Sorrel via groups.io wrote:
> Sorry to hear you will not be using Sergent couplers any longer.
>
> You have an idea what the shipping cost to a 53150 zip code would be?
>
> Thank you
>
> John Sorrel

https://www.avg.com

Dale Buxton <dbtuathaddana@...>

Mike,
British Air and Lufthansa have daily flights to Denver from London and Frankfurt respectively. They fly to Denver not because there is a great, vast need for people to get from those points of origin to Denver. It's the air freight that is paying the bills on those flights and it always has and it always will.

Dale Buxton

On Sun, Feb 20, 2022 at 3:53 PM Mike Conder <vulturenest1@...> wrote:
Last I heard was that the US has limited service to Oz and New Zealand as normal commercial flights there have been curtailed by those countries.  No planes, no mail heading to/from there on planes.

Mike Conder

On Sun, Feb 20, 2022 at 3:28 PM Dale Buxton <dbtuathaddana@...> wrote:
The current US postmaster is a self serving face job named Louis DeJoy. Last December he suddenly announced that the United States Postal Service could no longer afford to ship the mail to Australia and New Zealand. An out and out lie!

Never mind the proven fact that he is invested in several companies that ship international parcels in direct competition with the US mail. His actions are a clear violation of conflict of interest laws in this area.

Because the the US postal service is run by a board of regents style committee. He can not be directly removed by executive action. The postal board most vote to remove him from office. But believe me, there is a movement afoot in the USA to have this self serving jerk removed from office and banned from public service for good.

Dale Buxton

On Sat, Feb 19, 2022 at 08:38 Andy Reichert <andy_r@...> wrote:
There is currently some sort of financial or regulatory stand-off
between the USPS and the Australian mail system, at least from the US
outbound.  First class package service has been suspended in favor if
the much more expensive priority mail.  I don't know if it is in effect
inbound as well.

https://postcalc.usps.com/Calculator/MailServices?country=10013&ccode=AU&oz=93420&omil=False&dmil=False&mdt=2%2F19%2F2022&mdz=8%3A29&m=6&dvi=50&p=0&o=7

Andy

On 2/19/2022 4:23 AM, John Sorrel via groups.io wrote:
> Sorry to hear you will not be using Sergent couplers any longer.
>
> You have an idea what the shipping cost to a 53150 zip code would be?
>
> Thank you
>
> John Sorrel

https://www.avg.com

Mike Conder

Yes but the current problem is tha First Calls isn't currently available, only Priority for about US$80+ per package or Global Express for US$123.  And I was told at the Post Office that it's because of the restricted passenger flights.

Hoping these will be lifted in March as I have some stuff to ship to Brisbane area.

Mike Conder

On Sun, Feb 20, 2022 at 4:22 PM Andrew Wood via groups.io <andrew1wood=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hey mike, there has been a steady stream of flights from Australia and New Zealand. United airlines have been running though out the last few years to get freight/mail moving (airlines have been using the normal passenger airplanes for just the underneath freight. It’s the passengers that’s been limited to essential/return citizens for a while. This morning is the first day that the international border for Australia has been opened.

Andrew Wood
Victoria, Australia

Sent from Andrew's iPhone

On 21 Feb 2022, at 09:53, Mike Conder <vulturenest1@...> wrote:

Last I heard was that the US has limited service to Oz and New Zealand as normal commercial flights there have been curtailed by those countries.  No planes, no mail heading to/from there on planes.

Mike Conder

On Sun, Feb 20, 2022 at 3:28 PM Dale Buxton <dbtuathaddana@...> wrote:
The current US postmaster is a self serving face job named Louis DeJoy. Last December he suddenly announced that the United States Postal Service could no longer afford to ship the mail to Australia and New Zealand. An out and out lie!

Never mind the proven fact that he is invested in several companies that ship international parcels in direct competition with the US mail. His actions are a clear violation of conflict of interest laws in this area.

Because the the US postal service is run by a board of regents style committee. He can not be directly removed by executive action. The postal board most vote to remove him from office. But believe me, there is a movement afoot in the USA to have this self serving jerk removed from office and banned from public service for good.

Dale Buxton

On Sat, Feb 19, 2022 at 08:38 Andy Reichert <andy_r@...> wrote:
There is currently some sort of financial or regulatory stand-off
between the USPS and the Australian mail system, at least from the US
outbound.  First class package service has been suspended in favor if
the much more expensive priority mail.  I don't know if it is in effect
inbound as well.

https://postcalc.usps.com/Calculator/MailServices?country=10013&ccode=AU&oz=93420&omil=False&dmil=False&mdt=2%2F19%2F2022&mdz=8%3A29&m=6&dvi=50&p=0&o=7

Andy

On 2/19/2022 4:23 AM, John Sorrel via groups.io wrote:
> Sorry to hear you will not be using Sergent couplers any longer.
>
> You have an idea what the shipping cost to a 53150 zip code would be?
>
> Thank you
>
> John Sorrel

https://www.avg.com

Mike Conder

No politics allowed on this site ... please stop this line of discussion immediately and that comment will be deleted from the files.

Mike Conder - list co-owner

On Sun, Feb 20, 2022 at 7:46 PM Leni Bogat <sharknosediesel@...> wrote:
Dale, a truer work was ne’er spoke. The man is a crook pure and simple and needs to go stand in the corner for about twenty years.

Leni

On Feb 20, 2022, at 4:28 PM, Dale Buxton <dbtuathaddana@...> wrote:

The current US postmaster is a self serving face job named Louis DeJoy. Last December he suddenly announced that the United States Postal Service could no longer afford to ship the mail to Australia and New Zealand. An out and out lie!

Never mind the proven fact that he is invested in several companies that ship international parcels in direct competition with the US mail. His actions are a clear violation of conflict of interest laws in this area.

Because the the US postal service is run by a board of regents style committee. He can not be directly removed by executive action. The postal board most vote to remove him from office. But believe me, there is a movement afoot in the USA to have this self serving jerk removed from office and banned from public service for good.

Dale Buxton

On Sat, Feb 19, 2022 at 08:38 Andy Reichert <andy_r@...> wrote:
There is currently some sort of financial or regulatory stand-off
between the USPS and the Australian mail system, at least from the US
outbound.  First class package service has been suspended in favor if
the much more expensive priority mail.  I don't know if it is in effect
inbound as well.

https://postcalc.usps.com/Calculator/MailServices?country=10013&ccode=AU&oz=93420&omil=False&dmil=False&mdt=2%2F19%2F2022&mdz=8%3A29&m=6&dvi=50&p=0&o=7

Andy

On 2/19/2022 4:23 AM, John Sorrel via groups.io wrote:
> Sorry to hear you will not be using Sergent couplers any longer.
>
> You have an idea what the shipping cost to a 53150 zip code would be?
>
> Thank you
>
> John Sorrel

https://www.avg.com

Mike Conder

dale yeah I understand that ... but sometime last November the USPS restricted deliveries to Australia and New Zealand ... along with such great spots as Yemen and Afghanistan etc.

Mike Conder

On Mon, Feb 21, 2022 at 5:44 AM Dale Buxton <dbtuathaddana@...> wrote:
Mike,
British Air and Lufthansa have daily flights to Denver from London and Frankfurt respectively. They fly to Denver not because there is a great, vast need for people to get from those points of origin to Denver. It's the air freight that is paying the bills on those flights and it always has and it always will.

Dale Buxton

On Sun, Feb 20, 2022 at 3:53 PM Mike Conder <vulturenest1@...> wrote:
Last I heard was that the US has limited service to Oz and New Zealand as normal commercial flights there have been curtailed by those countries.  No planes, no mail heading to/from there on planes.

Mike Conder

On Sun, Feb 20, 2022 at 3:28 PM Dale Buxton <dbtuathaddana@...> wrote:
The current US postmaster is a self serving face job named Louis DeJoy. Last December he suddenly announced that the United States Postal Service could no longer afford to ship the mail to Australia and New Zealand. An out and out lie!

Never mind the proven fact that he is invested in several companies that ship international parcels in direct competition with the US mail. His actions are a clear violation of conflict of interest laws in this area.

Because the the US postal service is run by a board of regents style committee. He can not be directly removed by executive action. The postal board most vote to remove him from office. But believe me, there is a movement afoot in the USA to have this self serving jerk removed from office and banned from public service for good.

Dale Buxton

On Sat, Feb 19, 2022 at 08:38 Andy Reichert <andy_r@...> wrote:
There is currently some sort of financial or regulatory stand-off
between the USPS and the Australian mail system, at least from the US
outbound.  First class package service has been suspended in favor if
the much more expensive priority mail.  I don't know if it is in effect
inbound as well.

https://postcalc.usps.com/Calculator/MailServices?country=10013&ccode=AU&oz=93420&omil=False&dmil=False&mdt=2%2F19%2F2022&mdz=8%3A29&m=6&dvi=50&p=0&o=7

Andy

On 2/19/2022 4:23 AM, John Sorrel via groups.io wrote:
> Sorry to hear you will not be using Sergent couplers any longer.
>
> You have an idea what the shipping cost to a 53150 zip code would be?
>
> Thank you
>
> John Sorrel

https://www.avg.com

Leni Bogat

I find it curious that Mike should
 blow a gasket at my agreeing with someone else’s assessment of  DeJoy, while apparently remaining unperturbed by those very comments, repeated by their author below. I guess I will retreat to the calm of my created world in which peace and harmony reign in spite of the less than stellar track work.
Feel free to delete me permanently. I shall soon be unable to see anything smaller than a Kadee semi scale coupler in any event.

On Feb 21, 2022, at 12:47 PM, Dale Buxton <dbtuathaddana@...> wrote:

Mike, Atlas Air, DHL, FedEx and some UPS flights move the international mail. To the best of my knowledge UPS is under no restrictions to any Pacific Rim or Middle East destinations. DHL is a primarily mail carrier out of Europe. FedEx is has major US mail contracts. To the best of knowledge neither of them are under destination restriction either. Atlas Air operates the planes for DHL and Amazon by the way.
The lack of international passenger flights to Australia and New Zealand is Louis Dejoy’s lie and excuse for the mail curtailment. He has personal motives for this. He’s a business crook.

On Mon, Feb 21, 2022 at 08:23 Mike Conder <vulturenest1@...> wrote:
dale yeah I understand that ... but sometime last November the USPS restricted deliveries to Australia and New Zealand ... along with such great spots as Yemen and Afghanistan etc.

Mike Conder

On Mon, Feb 21, 2022 at 5:44 AM Dale Buxton <dbtuathaddana@...> wrote:
Mike,
British Air and Lufthansa have daily flights to Denver from London and Frankfurt respectively. They fly to Denver not because there is a great, vast need for people to get from those points of origin to Denver. It's the air freight that is paying the bills on those flights and it always has and it always will.

Dale Buxton

On Sun, Feb 20, 2022 at 3:53 PM Mike Conder <vulturenest1@...> wrote:
Last I heard was that the US has limited service to Oz and New Zealand as normal commercial flights there have been curtailed by those countries.  No planes, no mail heading to/from there on planes.

Mike Conder

On Sun, Feb 20, 2022 at 3:28 PM Dale Buxton <dbtuathaddana@...> wrote:
The current US postmaster is a self serving face job named Louis DeJoy. Last December he suddenly announced that the United States Postal Service could no longer afford to ship the mail to Australia and New Zealand. An out and out lie!

Never mind the proven fact that he is invested in several companies that ship international parcels in direct competition with the US mail. His actions are a clear violation of conflict of interest laws in this area.

Because the the US postal service is run by a board of regents style committee. He can not be directly removed by executive action. The postal board most vote to remove him from office. But believe me, there is a movement afoot in the USA to have this self serving jerk removed from office and banned from public service for good.

Dale Buxton

On Sat, Feb 19, 2022 at 08:38 Andy Reichert <andy_r@...> wrote:
There is currently some sort of financial or regulatory stand-off
between the USPS and the Australian mail system, at least from the US
outbound.  First class package service has been suspended in favor if
the much more expensive priority mail.  I don't know if it is in effect
inbound as well.

https://postcalc.usps.com/Calculator/MailServices?country=10013&ccode=AU&oz=93420&omil=False&dmil=False&mdt=2%2F19%2F2022&mdz=8%3A29&m=6&dvi=50&p=0&o=7

Andy

On 2/19/2022 4:23 AM, John Sorrel via groups.io wrote:
> Sorry to hear you will not be using Sergent couplers any longer.
>
> You have an idea what the shipping cost to a 53150 zip code would be?
>
> Thank you
>
> John Sorrel

https://www.avg.com

Mike Conder

Not specifically aimed at you Leni, just a reminder to the whole list that politics are not appropriate for this list.   And all messages that were political today have been deleted.

Mike Conder- list co-owner

https://www.avg.com

--
Mike Conder