Topics

First post

Jonathan Zook

Hi all,

I'm glad to see we're adopting another tool to communicate our interested and experience with Sergent Engineering couplers.  I'm looking forward to continuing the very informational discussions we've been having over on Yahoo.

Take care,

Jon

Jim

Well said Jon. I am a noobie with Sergent products having had used Kadees since the end of the last Ice Age.

I have learned a great deal from this group and this “innovation” of a new group home base is much appreciated.

Jim

with iOS 11.2.5

On Feb 1, 2018, at 13:18, Jonathan Zook <jzook1973@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I'm glad to see we're adopting another tool to communicate our interested and experience with Sergent Engineering couplers.  I'm looking forward to continuing the very informational discussions we've been having over on Yahoo.

Take care,

Jon

Ed Melvin

Hi All;

Ed Melvin

Sorry about That, I'm new to posting. I'm a long time modeller and a 25 year Model Railroader. Interested in Sergent couplers due to their prototypical look and operation. I've enjoyed the Group for at least 3 years. Thanks.

Philip Taylor

First post.

Philip Taylor

On Feb 4, 2018, at 2:09 AM, emelvin@... wrote:

Sorry about That, I'm new to posting. I'm a long time modeller and a 25 year Model Railroader. Interested in Sergent couplers due to their prototypical look and operation. I've enjoyed the Group for at least 3 years. Thanks.

John Vivian

First Post.

Robert Kirkham

First post too;

I have some rolling stock converted to Sergents – and a lot of other rolling stock I’m vacillating about.   Pre-assembled made the conversion a lot easier for me.

Rob

Sorry about That, I'm new to posting. I'm a long time modeller and a 25 year Model Railroader. Interested in Sergent couplers due to their prototypical look and operation. I've enjoyed the Group for at least 3 years. Thanks.

gtws00

First Post
I exist too

GeorgeToman

Steven Cerka

Hi all.  I have been using Sergent Couplers for I'll guess ten years.  I've infected alot of people with these couplers and now they are the only coupler they use.  Many, only on engines and cabooses but that will spread.  My brother has bought them by the bulk paks and has equipped everything.  To the people that think they arn't good for long trains.  My brother runs 120 car trains Sergent Equipped no problems.  Please don't ever stop making them I will be lost.

Steven E. Cerka

Elmhurst, IL

Ken Neufeld

My first post. Converting Sn3 equipment to Sergent couplers.

Ken Neufeld

Mike Turner

First post. Experimenting with sergents....
Mike
MP-Z35

Mark Lewis

Ken:

Which Sergent couplers  and which draft gear boxes, are you using in your Sn3 coupler conversions?

Mark Lewis
Stony Point, NC

David Heine

Are you using the HO Sergent couplers for Sn3? I'm been using narrow shank version as the standard for my Sn2 equipment.  I have installed Sergent couplers on a few Sn3 cars as I built them, but most of my Sn3 rolling stock still has Kadee couplers.

Dave Heine
Easton, PA