Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2019 6:31 PM
Subject: [Sergent Engineering] Coupler stock

Still no news on stock availability for long shank and type F couplers? Really hoping this isn't the end for them especially how popular theyve become now. I've got almost all my fleet done except for my cushion cars and coal cars requiring type F's.

Todd Fisher

Thank you Frank for that update. I am glad to at least hear it from you that it ain't over yet. I truly hope to see them all back in stock soon. In the meantime I will continue to build the ones I currently have. Thank you again and I hope all is well with you.

On Thu, Feb 7, 2019, 10:33 PM Frank Sergent <fsergent@...> wrote:
Hi Todd, et al,

So far I have found no solution for manufacturing the investment cast items. I have not given up completely. However, the whole thing is pretty discouraging and I’m not dedicating as much time as I did to finding the solution. I have recently had some personal issues pop up that require a lot of my attention too and to be honest, those take priority. I do feel like these will eventually be available again, but I really just can’t say when. In the meantime, I encourage any willing soul to download the designs and give it go. If you can get these to print (currently I can not), the hard part is done.

Something I should clarify is that the die cast items are in a much better situation. You may have noticed that the bulk packs (EC87KB and SBE87KB) are currently listed as out of stock as well. However, there are more of those on the way soon.

Frank

Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2019 6:31 PM

Still no news on stock availability for long shank and type F couplers? Really hoping this isn't the end for them especially how popular theyve become now. I've got almost all my fleet done except for my cushion cars and coal cars requiring type F's.

Andrew Malette

Thanks, John.  Please keep me posted.  I have a ton of the original couplers which I find now are becoming a pain to put together, difficult to be consistent and eventually they come apart.  I will replace them with the newer ones once they become available.  Jeff English says they are like the difference between night and day.

BTW, did you get the hopper in good shape?

Cheers,

Andy Malette

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

John Degnan

Yes, Jeff is right - the new Sergent couplers are very much easier to assemble... built-in alignment assures the parts cannot be out-of-true.  I wasn't a big fan of the assembly of the original Sergent couplers either.

Yep, I got the hopper and am quite happy to finally have one.  I assume you did receive the payment?

John D