Topics

Coupler comparison

Ken Neufeld

I added 3 photos to the photo directory.
This is to compare prototype, Sergent and Kadee. The boxcar is Sn3 and the Kadee is a #26.
Comments on the appearance, prototype to either of the others.
Thanks,
Ken Neufeld

Mike Conder

Ken, the IO site doesn't yet have all the functionality of the old Yahoo group, so I can't find your photos ... the listing sequence is fixed and basically alphabetical.. So can you let us know the name of the album with your photos?

Thanks, Mike Conder

Mark Lewis

Ken:

IMO- the Sergent looks most prototypical. Which Sergent coupler are you using for Sn3?

Mark Lewis

Ken Neufeld

Mike and Mark
You have to be logged in to the io groups. Photo directory is on the left. Title is coupler comparison.
I am using the HO compatible shank, .100 extended version for boxcars. This one will replace the #26 wherever it is used.

Ken

Mark Lewis

Ken:

I had no trouble viewing your photos.

Thank you for the info on which specific Sergent coupler you are using for a replacement of the Kadee #26, in Sn3.

Mark Lewis