Topics

Coupler boxes.

Michael Graff

Hi group, as the Accurail boxes are rarer than hens teeth, I CAD designed my own.
I made it sort of like a Narrow gauge version, but it will fit all Sergent couplers (I think...).
https://youtu.be/wMK8GzU41Sc
What do you think?

Mark Lewis

Michael:  It looks really good.

How soon before we can order from you Shapeways store?

Mark Lewis

On Sun, May 26, 2019, 4:45 PM Michael Graff via Groups.Io <michael.graff=rocketmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi group, as the Accurail boxes are rarer than hens teeth, I CAD designed my own.
I made it sort of like a Narrow gauge version, but it will fit all Sergent couplers (I think...).
https://youtu.be/wMK8GzU41Sc
What do you think?

Michael Graff

Hi Mark, I'll make my test print in the next few days.
I can upload it to Shapeways in advance if someone like to try to print one out.

På sön, maj 2019 klockan 22:50, Mark Lewis
<narrowrails12@...> skrev:
Michael:  It looks really good.

How soon before we can order from you Shapeways store?

Mark Lewis

On Sun, May 26, 2019, 4:45 PM Michael Graff via Groups.Io <michael.graff=rocketmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi group, as the Accurail boxes are rarer than hens teeth, I CAD designed my own.
I made it sort of like a Narrow gauge version, but it will fit all Sergent couplers (I think...).
https://youtu.be/wMK8GzU41Sc
What do you think?

Mark Lewis

Michael:

I will order a couple boxes, after you run a test print and let us know the results.
Thanks for taking on this project.

Mark Lewis

On Sun, May 26, 2019 at 5:17 PM Michael Graff via Groups.Io <michael.graff=rocketmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Mark, I'll make my test print in the next few days.
I can upload it to Shapeways in advance if someone like to try to print one out.

På sön, maj 2019 klockan 22:50, Mark Lewis
Michael:  It looks really good.

How soon before we can order from you Shapeways store?

Mark Lewis

On Sun, May 26, 2019, 4:45 PM Michael Graff via Groups.Io <michael.graff=rocketmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi group, as the Accurail boxes are rarer than hens teeth, I CAD designed my own.
I made it sort of like a Narrow gauge version, but it will fit all Sergent couplers (I think...).
https://youtu.be/wMK8GzU41Sc
What do you think?

Rob Briney

It looks great but has it been printed on a 3D printer yet?
Rob Briney

Michael Graff

Hi Rob, I have not made the test print yet, but the simulation in the slicer software shows no issues yet.
The test will be made on a resin printer.

På mån, maj 2019 klockan 1:06, Rob Briney

<drgw4ever@...> skrev:
It looks great but has it been printed on a 3D printer yet?
Rob Briney

Parker Wilson

I'm interested to see how these compare to the similar coupler boxes from Smokey Mountain Model Works.

Talmadge C 'TC' Carr

🤓

Talmadge C 'TC' Carr
Sn42 and Hn42 somewhere in the wilds of the Pacific Northwest
@dapenguin

Rob Briney

That is the only way to really get fine details.
Rob Briney