Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2018 3:51 PM
Subject: [Sergent Engineering] Casting problem?

I am assembling some packages of couplers today - EC87P100K, EC87M040K and SEC87K - and all of them seem to have the same problem. There is a hole in the back of the coupler horn leading to the void for the locking ball. I am afraid that unless the hole is plugged, paint or glue could end up getting through the hole to the locking ball rendering the coupler inoperable.

I don't believe this hole has always been there. I usually clean and assemble the couplers using magnification and lots of light, so I think I'd have seen light passing through the coupler during the assembly before if this was common to my previous orders. Or maybe I just missed it.

Has anyone else noticed the hole in their couplers? Has it presented a problem allowing paint or glue to get inside the coupler?

I'm posting this here since both of my emails from two different accounts to Sergent have gone unanswered. I understand there's a past issue with spam filtering, but I can't get through to Sergent any other way.
--
Ryan Harris
Fort Worth TX

Ryan Harris

Ok, well at least it's not a problem. I filled the holes with some thick gel type CA and allowed them to dry before assembly, so no problem. I'm just glad I identified them before they presented a problem for me.

While I have your attention, the main question was when will you restock the SF couplers? I need three pair now, but I could probably use six pair in the future since those 70s tank cars are in my wheelhouse.

Is the email thing a matter of your host blocking them or is it my provider? I sent one using a gmail address, the other using my sbcglobal address.
--
Ryan Harris
Fort Worth TX

Frank Sergent

Ryan,

SF couplers are recently now available as a stock item.

Most email communication seems to be working now, but I do still get several emails a day indicating my message (that I obviously never sent) concerning male performance enhancement pills was unable to reach its destination. Maybe I’m in the wrong business.

Frank

Sent: Friday, March 23, 2018 1:47 AM
Subject: Re: [Sergent Engineering] Casting problem?

Ok, well at least it's not a problem. I filled the holes with some thick gel type CA and allowed them to dry before assembly, so no problem. I'm just glad I identified them before they presented a problem for me.

While I have your attention, the main question was when will you restock the SF couplers? I need three pair now, but I could probably use six pair in the future since those 70s tank cars are in my wheelhouse.

Is the email thing a matter of your host blocking them or is it my provider? I sent one using a gmail address, the other using my sbcglobal address.
--
Ryan Harris
Fort Worth TX

Ryan Harris

That's great, Frank. I'll add some to my next order.

--
Ryan Harris
Fort Worth TX

Tim L

I tried sending emails from different addresses a while ago too and
never got responses so I just gave up and never bought any more however
I see the extended shank type F's (and some RailFlyer types as well) are
also in stock now so Frank will get a least one more order from me. Time
for some experimentation. Hope Frank gets the order notification!

Tim

On 25/03/2018 14:32, Frank Sergent wrote:
Ryan,
SF couplers are recently now available as a stock item.
Most email communication seems to be working now, but I do still get several emails a day indicating my message (that I obviously never sent) concerning male performance enhancement pills was unable to reach its destination. Maybe I’m in the wrong business.
Frank

Ryan Harris

Frank, have you given any thought to setting up a "contact us" form on the website to get around the email issues?
--
Ryan Harris
Fort Worth TX

James Koretsky

Ryan,

I thought of this myself, the only issue is that this might only work for the initial contact, once you try and reply to Franks initial email from the "contact us page", you'll be in the same situation.

James

On March 26, 2018 at 2:48 PM Ryan Harris <ryan.harris@...> wrote:

Frank, have you given any thought to setting up a "contact us" form on the website to get around the email issues?
--
Ryan Harris
Fort Worth TX

Ryan Harris

That's a good observation, James. I guess I'm just glad Frank checks in here.
--
Ryan Harris
Fort Worth TX

James Koretsky

I was about to post a message to the group and while looking at the Sergent Site, I see the coupler variations that I was looking for are now available!

Thanks Frank, order being placed now!

James