Topics

Assembly help EC87K

MHolley

I received my coupler kits and I am amazed at how they look. 5 stars all the way!
The only worry I have is my 60+ year old eyes have a hard time seeing the parts and my fat numb fingers have a hard time holding them. Is there anyone out there that would be open to to assembling them for me?
Thank you kindly

Tim L

Can't really help with assembling them for you, not going to be worth the effort to send them on a 15,000 odd mile round trip for that but did you buy the AFC assembly fixture as well? if you didn't the assembly fixture really does help with assembly of the EC kits, and a good lighted magnifier (like an optivisor) would help the older eyes as well I would think.

While I don't need a magnifier to assemble Sergents yet I wouldn't be assembling the standard and lower shelf E (standard couplers round here) without the assembly fixture; the other types I can tolerate without a fixture because I only need to do a few but the everyday standard E, nope, not that many without the fixture.

On 20/05/2020 08:04, MHolley via groups.io wrote:
I received my coupler kits and I am amazed at how they look. 5 stars all the way!
The only worry I have is my 60+ year old eyes have a hard time seeing the parts and my fat numb fingers have a hard time holding them. Is there anyone out there that would be open to to assembling them for me?
Thank you kindly

Aaron Heaney

I would be interested in building them for you. I live in South Central Pennsylvania. 

Aaron Heaney 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 5/20/20 8:12 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: SergentEngineering@groups.io
Subject: [Sergent Engineering] Assembly help EC87K

Thank you kindly

MHolley

Aaron,

Thanks for your fast reply. I have 8 pair that need to be built, no paint needed. I am in central Alabama. What type of fee would you charge?

Thank you, 

Mark

-----Original Message-----
To: SergentEngineering <SergentEngineering@groups.io>
Sent: Wed, May 20, 2020 9:46 am
Subject: Re: [Sergent Engineering] Assembly help EC87K

I would be interested in building them for you. I live in South Central Pennsylvania. 

Aaron Heaney 

Thank you kindly

Dave Yingst

I heartily endorse the assembly fixture. It makes assembly easy even for well used eyes and less dextrous fingers. Also an optivisor. I can't do anything without it.
My first Sergent couplers were put together using double sided foam tape to hold things steady during assembly.
Have fun, they are amazing couplers and well worth the time and effort to assemble them.
Dave Yingst
Corning, CA

MHolley

Thanks Dave.

To: SergentEngineering@groups.io <SergentEngineering@groups.io>
Sent: Wed, May 20, 2020 1:49 pm

I heartily endorse the assembly fixture. It makes assembly easy even for well used eyes and less dextrous fingers. Also an optivisor. I can't do anything without it.
My first Sergent couplers were put together using double sided foam tape to hold things steady during assembly.
Have fun, they are amazing couplers and well worth the time and effort to assemble them.
Dave Yingst
Corning, CA

Aaron Heaney

Mark 

My price is pretty negotiable. A dollar a coupler and I'll pay shipping to send them finished back to you. 

Aaron Heaney 

Date: 5/20/20 10:50 AM (GMT-05:00)

Aaron,

Thanks for your fast reply. I have 8 pair that need to be built, no paint needed. I am in central Alabama. What type of fee would you charge?

Thank you, 

Mark

To: SergentEngineering <SergentEngineering@groups.io>
Sent: Wed, May 20, 2020 9:46 am

Aaron Heaney 

Thank you kindly