Topics

Assembly help EC87K

MHolley

I received my coupler kits and I am amazed at how they look. 5 stars all the way!
The only worry I have is my 60+ year old eyes have a hard time seeing the parts and my fat numb fingers have a hard time holding them. Is there anyone out there that would be open to to assembling them for me?
Thank you kindly

Tim L

Can't really help with assembling them for you, not going to be worth the effort to send them on a 15,000 odd mile round trip for that but did you buy the AFC assembly fixture as well? if you didn't the assembly fixture really does help with assembly of the EC kits, and a good lighted magnifier (like an optivisor) would help the older eyes as well I would think.

While I don't need a magnifier to assemble Sergents yet I wouldn't be assembling the standard and lower shelf E (standard couplers round here) without the assembly fixture; the other types I can tolerate without a fixture because I only need to do a few but the everyday standard E, nope, not that many without the fixture.

On 20/05/2020 08:04, MHolley via groups.io wrote:
I received my coupler kits and I am amazed at how they look. 5 stars all the way!
The only worry I have is my 60+ year old eyes have a hard time seeing the parts and my fat numb fingers have a hard time holding them. Is there anyone out there that would be open to to assembling them for me?
Thank you kindly

Aaron Heaney

I would be interested in building them for you. I live in South Central Pennsylvania.

Aaron Heaney

I received my coupler kits and I am amazed at how they look. 5 stars all the way!
The only worry I have is my 60+ year old eyes have a hard time seeing the parts and my fat numb fingers have a hard time holding them. Is there anyone out there that would be open to to assembling them for me?
Thank you kindly

MHolley

Aaron,

Thanks for your fast reply. I have 8 pair that need to be built, no paint needed. I am in central Alabama. What type of fee would you charge?

Thank you,

Mark