Accurail boxes the: Do they actaully exist?

Jeff Ford

So, are these perpetually out of stock, or do they just evaporate immediately when stock shows up?

Inquiring minds want to know.
-Jeff Ford
Sanger, Texas

Bryian Sones

Jeff,

They sell out very fast. There are also these. HO Draft Gear/Couplers (smokymountainmodelworks.com)
They are based off the accurail gear box but they are a different prototype draft gear box,  if care about that.
If not they are a good alternative. They have the same drilling footprint as the Accurail.

Bryian Sones
Union Pacific Prototype Modeler
Murrieta, CA

On Sunday, April 11, 2021, 12:07:53 PM PDT, Jeff Ford <sectioncar@...> wrote:

So, are these perpetually out of stock, or do they just evaporate immediately when stock shows up?

Inquiring minds want to know.
-Jeff Ford
Sanger, Texas

Andy Reichert

If they are out if stock, how do you order them?  It's a bit difficult to figure out demand if you don't know people are waiting for them.

Andy

On 4/11/2021 1:48 PM, Bryian Sones via groups.io wrote:
Jeff,

They sell out very fast. There are also these. HO Draft Gear/Couplers (smokymountainmodelworks.com) <https://smokymountainmodelworks.com/HO_draft_gear+cplrs.html>

On Sunday, April 11, 2021, 12:07:53 PM PDT, Jeff Ford <sectioncar@gmail.com> wrote:

So, are these perpetually out of stock, or do they just evaporate immediately when stock shows up?

Inquiring minds want to know.
-Jeff Ford
Sanger, Texas
https://www.avg.com

RJ Dial

They show up on a repetitive basis. I've found that dropping a note to them helps speed it along (I like to tell myself that it made a difference).
(accurail@...)
The only issue I have with the Smoky Mountain box is the $2.40 vs $0.72 cost
--
RJ Dial
Mendocino, CA

James Wall

Edited

I have some Accurail Boxes I am willing to part with for those interested.

Most have been taken by now(0915 EST)
James Wall
Rural Hall, NC

George Hofmann

I emailed them last week on this subject and got a prompt reply from Mr. Eric Cote. He lamented the fact that they were badly affected by covid last year and got way behind. Also the molding machine that makes these boxes is a bottleneck. The following is a quote from Eric.

We WILL be making more draft gear boxes, however.  I'm working with
our molding guy to try and figure out the next time it will be
possible to get it in there.  But I don't have an answer yet as to
when that might be.
That one molding machine requires a specific mold base to be in, in
order to make those parts.  And it isn't in that particular molder
very often, so scheduling it isn't easy.
We'll definitely make an announcement on the website when more are
soon to be made and/or when we start running them.  It won't be right
away, but it will be as soon as we can, because we definitely want to
make them available again.

George
Edgewood, WA

RJ Dial

On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 06:27 PM, George Hofmann wrote:
I emailed them last week on this subject and got a prompt reply from Mr. Eric Cote. He lamented the fact that they were badly affected by covid last year and got way behind. Also the molding machine that makes these boxes is a bottleneck. The following is a quote from Eric.
George
Edgewood, WA
Thanks for doing that! Good news.
--