Topics

Made your own coupler boxes?

Tim L

Apologies if this comes through twice, I sent the original message some 13 odd hours ago and Yahoo still
hasn't delivered it. Why am I not surprised!

A question for all of you who have made your own coupler boxes to put Sergents in; what have you used
for the pivot? I am about to make new coupler boxes to replace the incredibly lame ones on a model.

I have  designed all the parts I need to make and that just leaves me with the  pivot. All I can think of is
some 1/8" Plastruct tube though I wonder  how well it would wear.

Tim
Land of OZ

Michael Looney

Tim;
 I am getting ready to use the Accurail boxes cut in half, and then drill a hole and tap it, so that it would hold everything in place, and maybe use some super glue on the bottom, of the box to help hold everything in place. I am doing all of this on four MDC/Roundhouse HOn3 shays, because the  pivot point or shaft is way to big for the coupler to go over it, so I am going to cut it all off and the sides and install it that way, unless someone has a better way of doing it.
Michael