Topics

[SergentEng] Re: What's going on in the Group?

Christopher Zurek
 

I've been working on some Santa Fe and BN SD40-2s. Of course the Santa Fe ones will get Type E, and the BN will get Type F.

My Sergent Users Facebook group has been very quiet also.

Chris Z.

On 10/12/2015 10:07 PM, Nathan Rich thaddeusthudpucker@... [SergentEng] wrote:
 
Sorry about that, cat on the keyboard...

Haven't seen a whole lot out of people in the group... What's been going on in the Group recently?

I put some E's together yesterday and that made me think of you all... You never really forget how to put these together, I didn't even lose any ball after 10 or so couplers. I need another bulk pack and passenger couplers for my new train show acquisitions! Finally get rid of these bedeviled Kadee's that I can't quite seem to get rid of. The two previous bulk packs were for another buddy who did everything on his layout.

Nathan Rich

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 8:02 PM, Nathan Rich <thaddeusthudpucker@...> wrote:
Haven't seen a whole lot out of people in the group... What


Dale Kritzky
 

I had a small operating session with 2 other guys, one had tried my couplers and was blown away backin the summer, the other guy had never heard of Sergents, so I gave him the job with more switching he was also blown away by the realism and how easy they work, but still nobody wants to convert from kadee. Dale
Sent from my NOOK

"'Christopher A. Zurek' zurekc@q.com [SergentEng]" <SergentEng@...> wrote:

 

I've been working on some Santa Fe and BN SD40-2s. Of course the Santa Fe ones will get Type E, and the BN will get Type F.

My Sergent Users Facebook group has been very quiet also.

Chris Z.

On 10/12/2015 10:07 PM, Nathan Rich thaddeusthudpucker@... [SergentEng] wrote:
 
Sorry about that, cat on the keyboard...

Haven't seen a whole lot out of people in the group... What's been going on in the Group recently?

I put some E's together yesterday and that made me think of you all... You never really forget how to put these together, I didn't even lose any ball after 10 or so couplers. I need another bulk pack and passenger couplers for my new train show acquisitions! Finally get rid of these bedeviled Kadee's that I can't quite seem to get rid of. The two previous bulk packs were for another buddy who did everything on his layout.

Nathan Rich

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 8:02 PM, Nathan Rich <thaddeusthudpucker@...> wrote:
Haven't seen a whole lot out of people in the group... What


Alan Hummel
 

To All,
Not that I mind at all,but I think if Sergent offered some type of centering device,these couplers would gain more attention,just my opinion. I have no problem with no centering spring,would I like to take less time centering,yes,but even when using Kadee's you still have to be aware around a turnout or any type of curve,where the coupling point ends. By that,I meant if your Kadee couplers will "pass" each other,or if they're still enough in a straight line to couple without a 5 fingure assist.
Al Hummel



On Tuesday, October 13, 2015 8:25 AM, "Dale Kritzky dalekritzky@... [SergentEng]" wrote:


 
I had a small operating session with 2 other guys, one had tried my couplers and was blown away backin the summer, the other guy had never heard of Sergents, so I gave him the job with more switching he was also blown away by the realism and how easy they work, but still nobody wants to convert from kadee. Dale
Sent from my NOOK

"'Christopher A. Zurek' zurekc@q.com [SergentEng]" wrote:

 
I've been working on some Santa Fe and BN SD40-2s. Of course the Santa Fe ones will get Type E, and the BN will get Type F.

My Sergent Users Facebook group has been very quiet also.

Chris Z.

On 10/12/2015 10:07 PM, Nathan Rich thaddeusthudpucker@... [SergentEng] wrote:
 
Sorry about that, cat on the keyboard...

Haven't seen a whole lot out of people in the group... What's been going on in the Group recently?

I put some E's together yesterday and that made me think of you all... You never really forget how to put these together, I didn't even lose any ball after 10 or so couplers. I need another bulk pack and passenger couplers for my new train show acquisitions! Finally get rid of these bedeviled Kadee's that I can't quite seem to get rid of. The two previous bulk packs were for another buddy who did everything on his layout.

Nathan Rich

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 8:02 PM, Nathan Rich <thaddeusthudpucker@...> wrote:
Haven't seen a whole lot out of people in the group... What




Spen Kellogg
 

On 10/13/2015 2:39 PM, Alan Hummel ahummel72@... [SergentEng] wrote:
 
To All,
Not that I mind at all,but I think if Sergent offered some type of centering device,these couplers would gain more attention,just my opinion. I have no problem with no centering spring,would I like to take less time centering,yes,but even when using Kadee's you still have to be aware around a turnout or any type of curve,where the coupling point ends. By that,I meant if your Kadee couplers will "pass" each other,or if they're still enough in a straight line to couple without a 5 fingure assist.

Al,

It's true that Kadees won't couple on curves, up to a point. The Colorado Model Railroad Museum (Oregon, California, and Eastern) has 43" radius curves and Kadees do couple on those. Both yards (Klamath Falls and Lakeview) are built around teardrops with the mains as the tightest curves at 43" and there is no problem coupling in the yards.

Spen Kellogg