Topics

[SergentEng] Which couplers

Christopher Zurek

From about the mid 40's on Type H couplers were required on new passenger equipment. They were also used on new passenger locomotives such as  EMD F and E units and Alco PA's.

It appears that the SPD35's built in 1964 and 1965 had regular freight Type E couplers.

Starting in 1966 and to this day locomotives built for passenger service are equipped with Type F couplers.

Chris Z.

On 10/25/2014 2:52 AM, Rob Barker robkbarker@... [SergentEng] wrote:

the lower shelf makes me think they are type F.   Do passenger locos ever get H tight locks?

On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 4:34 PM, imovahearnow79@... [SergentEng] <SergentEng@...> wrote:

[Attachment(s) from imovahearnow79@... [SergentEng] included below]

Which style couplers do I need for a modern passenger diesel loco?  I've attached 3 pics i was able to get off th next due to content blockers here at work.

Martin Matsil

Hi,gang,i believe FL-9's also used these tight lock couplers,the passenger cars used,the type H,while the locomotives used the type F,the h did not have the lower shelf,but the type F,did.But the FL-9's that were rebuilt for metro-north,the a/c models,had N-2-a,automatic couplers,for the forrunners,of the new trains that go to Port Jefferson.The FL-9 a/c,s have since been scrapped,which is  waste of a great locomotive,also scrapped was FP-10,and FL-9 2008,another blooper,by the mta,who cares only about money.!The FP-10 SCRAPPED WAS 410,AND FL-9 WAS REALLY 2033.THEY ARE GARBAGE,THE MANAGEMENT OF THE MTA.HAVE A GREAT WEEK END.GOD BLESS.