Topics

[SergentEng] Re: So... Let's have a discussion on the Type H coulplers, please?

Aaron Heaney

I built mine. The tailor made for the cars and compatible shank for the engines.

Aaron Heaney

On Thursday, May 29, 2014 8:06 PM, "morganw.davis@... [SergentEng]" wrote:

Did you build yours though or buy the RTR? Not that it should make much difference since Mr Sergent is building the same couplers we are, but still

Morgan

What sid you think of the tailor mades? Is it worth the hassle of reslicing the carbody? I put compatible's into coupler boxes on two Walthers car (sadly, the pair that were Godzilla'd) and other than be ii ng a tick short, had to hold the diaphrams to get them to get close enough to engage, worked fine for me. So I'm curious to hear about them, as well.

Aaron Heaney

I really like them it makes it a lot easier to line the couplers before coupling because you only have one pivot point instead of two. And because height  is more important the tightlocks  then it is on the type E. Adjusting the height is real easy with the modifcations made to the car.

Aaron Heaney

On Friday, May 30, 2014 4:29 PM, "morganw.davis@... [SergentEng]" wrote:

What sid you think of the tailor mades? Is it worth the hassle of reslicing the carbody? I put compatible's into coupler boxes on two Walthers car (sadly, the pair that were Godzilla'd) and other than be ii ng a tick short, had to hold the diaphrams to get them to get close enough to engage, worked fine for me. So I'm curious to hear about them, as well.

Nathan Rich

As I do not plan on using interior lights in my cars, I will not need to do much more than remove the contact strips so that the cars do not ride on them. I'll just pull them out except fot he tail car, which I do want to have lights. The new bolster arrangement is slick.

Nathan