Couplers for sale

John Larkin

Moving from HO to O and I uncovered a package of EN87KB couplers.  I came with 144 couplers and 95% or more are still there.  I'd like to sell the majority remainder of these (estimate 125-135+) and asking $80 for the bunch plus $10 toward shipping (USA only I better add!).  I bought a Steam Loco Pocket & Coupler with these ($16) and IF I can find it I'll throw it in.  Too much stuff, too little space, too little time!

Cash or checks are fine.

John Larkin

Todd Fisher

John can you take Paypal if so I'll take them

On Fri, Aug 5, 2022, 6:10 PM John Larkin via groups.io <jflarkingrc=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Moving from HO to O and I uncovered a package of EN87KB couplers.  I came with 144 couplers and 95% or more are still there.  I'd like to sell the majority remainder of these (estimate 125-135+) and asking $80 for the bunch plus $10 toward shipping (USA only I better add!).  I bought a Steam Loco Pocket & Coupler with these ($16) and IF I can find it I'll throw it in.  Too much stuff, too little space, too little time!

Cash or checks are fine.

John Larkin

John Larkin

Todd,

Damn near anything but Paypal!  Sorry.

John

I am interested/good for it. Contact me at my email. Conrailyardmaster@....

On Aug 5, 2022, at 6:10 PM, John Larkin via groups.io <jflarkingrc@...> wrote:

Moving from HO to O and I uncovered a package of EN87KB couplers.  I came with 144 couplers and 95% or more are still there.  I'd like to sell the majority remainder of these (estimate 125-135+) and asking $80 for the bunch plus $10 toward shipping (USA only I better add!).  I bought a Steam Loco Pocket & Coupler with these ($16) and IF I can find it I'll throw it in.  Too much stuff, too little space, too little time!

Cash or checks are fine.

John Larkin

John

John:

Still in the game. Awaiting reply.

On Aug 5, 2022, at 8:12 PM, John via groups.io <conrailyardmaster@...> wrote:

I am interested/good for it. Contact me at my email. Conrailyardmaster@....

On Aug 5, 2022, at 6:10 PM, John Larkin via groups.io <jflarkingrc@...> wrote:

Moving from HO to O and I uncovered a package of EN87KB couplers.  I came with 144 couplers and 95% or more are still there.  I'd like to sell the majority remainder of these (estimate 125-135+) and asking $80 for the bunch plus $10 toward shipping (USA only I better add!).  I bought a Steam Loco Pocket & Coupler with these ($16) and IF I can find it I'll throw it in.  Too much stuff, too little space, too little time!

Cash or checks are fine.

John Larkin

John Larkin

They are still available, couple inquiries but no takers prior to your email, so they are yours.  I can take cash or checks without any problems.  Will need your address and I'll get them ready to go.  I think these are easily the best option for HO but I've been switching to O scale due to size and my ability to see details much better.  Biggest problem with O is trying to figure out exactly what you're getting, somewhat of a challenge if you're into high accuracy - plus it does take some space!

I'm getting ready to sell most of my HO stuff, brass steam, cars, etc., plus some trackwork.  If you have any specific or preferred interests let me know.  Most of it is medium to high end. fair selection of brass steamers, a few oddball diesels I picked up in some sales, etc.  I'm trying to get some time to get everything listed, seems to take forever just to round it up and we're still completing a few home projects.  I built the house over 4 years and it's quite a project to get every last detail finalized even now.  I haven't done much of anything except some final track for the live steam (7.5" gauge) and fixing the boiler on a steamer.  Now we're looking to move from Nebraska, damn  taxes are in the worst 5 in the country and my wife is thinking of retiring so...

I assume you were ex-Conrail.  I had almost 10 years with UP, operations, HQs, then wound up with 2 shortlines.  By being the boss I could get tor run the engines!.......

You can call me at 712-574-9800 if you have questions.

Thanks,

John Larkin

On Friday, August 5, 2022 at 07:12:38 PM CDT, John via groups.io <conrailyardmaster@...> wrote:

I am interested/good for it. Contact me at my email. Conrailyardmaster@....

On Aug 5, 2022, at 6:10 PM, John Larkin via groups.io <jflarkingrc@...> wrote:

Moving from HO to O and I uncovered a package of EN87KB couplers.  I came with 144 couplers and 95% or more are still there.  I'd like to sell the majority remainder of these (estimate 125-135+) and asking $80 for the bunch plus $10 toward shipping (USA only I better add!).  I bought a Steam Loco Pocket & Coupler with these ($16) and IF I can find it I'll throw it in.  Too much stuff, too little space, too little time!

Cash or checks are fine.

John Larkin

John

Ok. Will call tomorrow for particulars. Where to send check etc.

You nailed it. 43 years on Conrail, mostly as Yardmaster. and how about that for for an email address. Tell me what time for telephonic communication.

Thanks.

On Aug 6, 2022, at 12:12 AM, John Larkin via groups.io <jflarkingrc@...> wrote:

[...]

Mike Conder

I’ll throw my hat in the ring if the others fall through.  I need a bunch more of these.

Mike Conder

--
Mike Conder

John Larkin

Mailing address is 19701 Little Prairie Lane, Springfield, NE 68059.

You are welcome to call any time today.  I've been up for only an hour now, Saturday is sleep-in day.  We will be outside for a while this morning mowing and doing some outdoor stuff before the heat gets too bad - supposed to be 100+ today.  We've had a record number of 100+ days plus several solid weeks in the 90s, but unlike areas out west we have high humidity.  I grew up in Michigan, always hated the heat, major part of the reason we're looking to move to Montana late this year.  Problem there is finding a decent place outside the cities, plus it's more expensive out there for the home, offset a bit by much lower property taxes and no sales tax.  I'll probably be giving up all my live steam because two knee operations have lowered the mobility a great deal.  Problem with getting old is the alternative is worse....

.

On Friday, August 5, 2022 at 11:22:30 PM CDT, John via groups.io <conrailyardmaster@...> wrote:

[...]

Won’t bother you with a phone call unless you’d like to chat. Have your address, $90 check goes in the mail this afternoon.

While you’re sweating doing yard work I’m feeding the beast at a train show in 10 minutes.

Hope Montana works out for you. Real estate was already escalating out there, then the pandemic hit and subsequent events have pushed it higher. Of course, with climate change Montana might not be much of a heat relief much longer…

Enough doom and gloom. Thanks for making your stuff available to this niche community, and me in particular.

Feel free to stay in touch!