Topics

Can anyone convert CAD files?

Ryan Harris

Can anyone convert the CAD files Frank provided from their native format to AutoCAD dwg format? I have a copy of the files I just cannot open them with AutoCAD.

--
Ryan Harris
Fort Worth TX

Dale Buxton

Have you tried Autodesk Fusion 360? It’s free to download and free for a year under personal non-commercial use. It will open just about every 3D file I’ve seen. But I wonder if the Sergent files might be locked. Or did Frank put them into total public domain?

Dale B

On Sunday, July 28, 2019, 09:59, Ryan Harris <ryan.harris@...> wrote:

Can anyone convert the CAD files Frank provided from their native format to AutoCAD dwg format? I have a copy of the files I just cannot open them with AutoCAD.

--
Ryan Harris
Fort Worth TX

Tom Colasurdo

Frank has placed all his coupler designs in the public domain ... including a notice on his web site.  The files are not locked ... several of us have been able to successfully open.

I've reached out to Ryan ... I'm going to save in the format Ryan can utilize in his version of AutoDesk AutoCAD.

V/r,
Tom C.

On Sunday, July 28, 2019, 04:52:02 PM EDT, Dale Buxton via Groups.Io <the_one_tuatha_ddana@...> wrote:

Have you tried Autodesk Fusion 360? It’s free to download and free for a year under personal non-commercial use. It will open just about every 3D file I’ve seen. But I wonder if the Sergent files might be locked. Or did Frank put them into total public domain?

Dale B

On Sunday, July 28, 2019, 09:59, Ryan Harris <ryan.harris@...> wrote:

Can anyone convert the CAD files Frank provided from their native format to AutoCAD dwg format? I have a copy of the files I just cannot open them with AutoCAD.

--
Ryan Harris
Fort Worth TX

Alan Lautenslager <alan.lautenslager@...>

Where can you obtain the CAD files?  Only ones I see here are PDF.
Thank you

Alan Lautenslager <alan.lautenslager@...>

Have the files been placed on a server somewhere. Where exactly can I locate?

Thank you

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Where can you obtain the CAD files?  Only ones I see here are PDF.
Thank you

Rob Briney

Tom,
Do you have the SolidWorks and could you convert the files to .stl format?
Rob Briney

On Jul 28, 2019, at 4:26 PM, Alan Lautenslager <alan.lautenslager@...> wrote:

Have the files been placed on a server somewhere. Where exactly can I locate?

Thank you

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Where can you obtain the CAD files?  Only ones I see here are PDF.
Thank you

<3392B793EFFA4547A4EC6334AB518420.png>

Will

I would like to get approved so I can try to download the files or read others posts...

Will