Dale Buxton

I would imagine this is also safer from a standpoint of preventing mail theft. This go-between shipper wants to stay in business after all. A lot of overseas mail parcels destined to poorer countries from the US get stolen. Its from the US, so the contents just have to be very valuable RIGHT???! Years ago I had a USPS postal worker tell me at the counter to not put a USA return address on  mail destined for Mexico and Central American Countries, so it wouldn't get opened and pilfered WHILE IN THE HANDS OF FOREIGN MAIL SERVICES! He was adamant on this point to anyone shipping south of our border. And he was was Hispanic himself!

Dale Buxton

On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 12:04 AM Brian <rallim56@...> wrote:
Reynante,
This is another way of buying from overseas especially with the ridiculous shipping charges that USPS tries to charge overseas customers, if you click on the link and set up an account as part of that set-up they give you a couple of dummy US mailing addresses, the freight charge you pay is only the local domestic charge, and have it sent to one of those dummy addresses when it arrives at “Shipito” they will advise you by email and then you pay an additional fee for them to send the parcel onto you, it works out a lot cheaper then USPS charges.

Brian
Rawbelle County Workshops
Qld. Aust.

Sent: Monday, March 25, 2019 10:52 AM
Subject: [Sergent Engineering] Worldwide shipping policy

Hi,

As far as I know, there are only 2 Sergent coupler users here in Philippines, and we managed to get a hold of a pack of FC87K and EC87KB which we split in half. At the time I though that was enough for I have only about 50 rolling stocks including my locos, but it has since been increasing with some more used freight cars being acquired cheap locally(from deceased collectors) from garage sales.

So now my stock of sergents are running out, and our friend that helped us before in buying our sergents is no longer able to buy overseas, added to the dilemma the ban on shipping the couplers here as per the sergent engineering website.

I would be having some funds for another EC87KB in the following momths and that would be enough to cover my needs but I would need help from someone to buy for me and would be willing to ship here.

Reynante

Brian