Recommendations and Advice for Someone New to Sergent Couplers

Rick Payne

Hello All,

I am new to these couplers and my son wants to try them.  With my son wanting to use them and with some of the recent pictures that have been posted, I though I would give them a try.  I would like to ask the group which type of coupler I should get for Athearn Blue Box rolling stock and engines, HO.  Would it be the EC87K or should I be looking at a different one.

I am hoping to purchase them later this week or early next week.  Any and all advice for a noobie will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick

P.S. I think I'll have my son assemble the couplers. :)