Re: [SergentEng] Re: Limited Time Availability, and other random thoughts, and ORNL

Christopher Zurek

John,

I dabbled in 1.5" scale trains a little over 15 years ago. The best coupler I found (although the most expensive at the time and probably still) was the stainless steel ones from Super Scale. They only had Type E though.

I really appreciate that in HO scale Frank has make so many types.

Chris Z.

On 11/17/2015 10:52 PM, John Larkin jflarkingrc@... [SergentEng] wrote:

I'm much more of a learner than an expert, just getting into HO this winter when I can't work outside on my 1.6" scale live steam track, but I worked for Union Pacific RR in management (Schedule Control, Mgr Grain Trains (transportation dept)) then went to computers for 10 years and then two shortlines.  The shortlines have the advantage that I got to blow the whistle!  Our second one was almost all grain and fertilizer freight cars, plus a dinner train and passenger train.

We certainly could use 1.6" scale couplers with the detail and accuracy of the Sergent HO ones!  One of the things that amazed me the most about live steam was that certain companies couplers didn't couple to some others, amazing when all they had to do was scale down the prototype standard.  Every hobby has it's strange points, but it certainly is nice to be able to ride your own engines, rather hard to do in HO:).

John Larkin