Re: Limited Time Availability, and other random thoughts

David R. Olsen <drolsen@...>

Frank, thanks for sharing the background on the assembled couplers. I probably have about 100 of those 30,000 that you assembled, and I completely understand your reasons for phasing them out. However, I just want to say how much I appreciate you offering the assembled couplers, which have allowed me to tinker and enjoy them when modeling time is limited. Between work (I'm an Army officer) and little kids, I'm lucky if I get 2-3 hours per month to spend at the workbench, so the assembled couplers have been a real benefit for me, allowing me to work on building kits and kitbashing other models. I started off assembling your original couplers about 15 years ago, and I have plenty of your current kits on hand, but I just haven't gotten around to assembling any of them recently. The big holdup for me is that I want to airbrush the parts first, but with two deployments in the last four years, I haven't gotten around to dragging the airbrush, spray booth, etc. I certainly don't mind painting and assembling them myself - I just haven't gotten around to it.

One good piece of news that I learned at a recent RPM meet - Butch Eyler, who does weathering clinics at a lot of meets every year, has started using Sergents on his models. That will expose a lot more people to them in the coming years, which I think will help generate a lot of interest. I'm pretty pleasantly surprised to see how many people are using them on various newsgroups and forums that I frequent.

Dave Olsen
Alexandria, VA