Re: [SergentEng] What's going on in the Group?

Christopher Zurek

I placed my first order for Sergent couplers about four years ago.

Sometimes even now I think they look strange...not the coupler by itself, but a scale coupler in the ridiculously over side pocket on most HO scale models. On some models (like the Walthers Thrall gondola) I replaced everything with the Sergent couplers in the scale with pockets.

Chris Z.

On 10/13/2015 6:19 PM, 'Alden G. McBee' agm@... [SergentEng] wrote:

It’s odd, but modelers are so used to looking at Kadees that most aren’t bothered by the appearance.  One of the guys in my modeling  group commented when I first showed him the Sergents, “I realize those are exact scale, but I’m so used to seeing Kadees that the Sergents look odd.”  Of the 15 or so in my modeling group, I’m the only one that uses

Sergents.  They are beautiful and work great.  I for one could never go back to Kadees.  Sergents are to Kadees as Kadees are to horn-hook couplers.
—Alden McBee, Wheeling, WV