Re: [SergentEng] Re: What's going on in the Group?

Shawn Hogan <shawn.hogan41@...>

You might add to that: when more than one or niche manufacturers decide to supply their RTR or kit models with Sergents. Or at least offer them as an option when ordering.
But I think the biggest hindrance is the lack of exposure in hobby shops and publicly displayed layouts.
Shawn Hogan

On Tuesday, October 13, 2015 11:19 AM, "Drew McCann hiroechan@... [SergentEng]" wrote:

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 11:07 AM, Nathan Rich wrote:

How many years before Sergent's become the de facto standard that Kadee should no longer be?

Until such time as Sergent can 1) keep up with the supply demands of such a market, 2) get local hobby shops to stock their products, and 3) price them competitively with Kadees, it's not going to happen. The K5 coupler is as ubiquitous as it is because they meet the first two criteria.  How many sales opportunities are lost, simply because of lack of product placement? I never see them in shops, or at hobby shows. Can't buy what isn't there.

I love the Sergent line; but I recognize that it's a niche product, and unlikely to become anything more than that as long as these barriers continue to exist.

--Drew