Re: What's going on in the Group?

Nathan Rich

I'd bet that it's a combination of sunk cost in Kadee's and/or not wanting to assemble couplers... But I still don't understand superdetailing a locomotive then sticking a #5 on there. I'm glad Pelle Søeborg has made the switch, because maybe now they'll get more exposure.

How many years before Sergent's become the de facto standard that Kadee should no longer be?

Nathan

On Tuesday, October 13, 2015, Dale Kritzky dalekritzky@... [SergentEng] <SergentEng@...> wrote:

I had a small operating session with 2 other guys, one had tried my couplers and was blown away backin the summer, the other guy had never heard of Sergents, so I gave him the job with more switching he was also blown away by the realism and how easy they work, but still nobody wants to convert from kadee. Dale
Sent from my NOOK

"'Christopher A. Zurek' zurekc@q.com [SergentEng]" <SergentEng@...> wrote:

I've been working on some Santa Fe and BN SD40-2s. Of course the Santa Fe ones will get Type E, and the BN will get Type F.

My Sergent Users Facebook group has been very quiet also.

Chris Z.

On 10/12/2015 10:07 PM, Nathan Rich thaddeusthudpucker@... [SergentEng] wrote:

Sorry about that, cat on the keyboard...

Haven't seen a whole lot out of people in the group... What's been going on in the Group recently?

I put some E's together yesterday and that made me think of you all... You never really forget how to put these together, I didn't even lose any ball after 10 or so couplers. I need another bulk pack and passenger couplers for my new train show acquisitions! Finally get rid of these bedeviled Kadee's that I can't quite seem to get rid of. The two previous bulk packs were for another buddy who did everything on his layout.

Nathan Rich