Re: EOT's

David R. Olsen <drolsen@...>

On Aug 19, 2015, at 11:00, Nathan Rich <thaddeusthudpucker@...> wrote:
As long as the thing is scale sized it could even have a couple of nubs on the side that slot into the indentations on the side of the coupler...

I've thought a little about this, and I figured the best way to mount one temporarily (so you're not stuck with a dedicated EOT car) would be to make an L-shaped plug that you could just stick down into the coupler when the knuckle was locked in the closed position. You could bend a short piece of wire at a right angle and drill out a short section of styrene rod to fit over the wire. Pick a size of rod that would fit snugly inside the Sergent knuckle, and you could insert the "plug" into the coupler to mount the EOT.  Depending on what material the EOT device is made of, you could glue or solder the wire plug to the back of it.  Hope that makes sense...

Dave Olsen
Alexandria, VA