Re: [SergentEng] We've got trouble in River City

Mike Van Hove

I read the MDS on the metal primer.

It shows it contains Mineral Spirits, so I guess that must be the proper thinner to use.

Mike, (the Other Mike)

On Jul 2, 2015, at 5:21 PM, group_list@... [SergentEng] wrote:

"Rusty Metal Primer" is a specific type of paint, not a color.  Rust-Oleum is the Manufacture, Stops-Rust is the brand, Rusty Metal Primer is the product.  It has a specific chemical reaction that causes it to act as a sacrificial electrode.  This point was made earlier in this thread.
TCC:}

---In SergentEng@..., wrote :

thanks for the tips guys, went to two bunnings local to me, yup have rustoleum primer, in grey or white, but no rust colored.

thanks again for the tips, i will keep looking