Re: [SergentEng] Coupler

Mike Conder

That is the the company, thanks.

But US$3.50 per car (plus shipping) doesn't seem like a lot, and installation doesn't seem too onerous?  $35 for 10 pair, plus shipping.  But I can see shipping to Oz may make the price uncomfortable.

Mike Conder

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 10:35 AM, TS egroupstuff@... [SergentEng] <SergentEng@...> wrote:

Magnalock brake lines, by Pacific Western Rail Systems is who does them
(sold by NARcorp now I think).

Nice, but pricy for what they are (read how much work you have to do).

For the cost of magnets and thin rubber hose you can probably do
cheaper than the PWRS ones.

I have also read that they are possibly a little on the strong side,
with a user stating one needs to give a bit of a hand restraining
the wagons so they'll part properly. Mind you this is small 4 wheel
stock he was using them on.

Cheers,

Tim
Land of OZ