Subject: [SergentEng] RE: S scale is BIG
From: <trevor@...>
Date: Mon, December 23, 2013 12:07 pm
To: <SergentEng@...>

Thanks for posting the photo, Frank.
You mentioned a while back that the S scale design wasn't working - can you elaborate on what it's not doing?
Also, I'm playing catch-up on these - can you give us a bit more info? Will they be die-cast like your EN87 couplers, or will they be white metal like the old S scale couplers, or something else? Will you offer them pre-assembled, like the EN87A?
I always had trouble building your old S scale couplers - it was not a fault of the coupler, but rather my skills were insufficient for work where finishes and tolerances were critical. So after trying the S scale kits I switch to your EN87A couplers on my Maine two-foot (On2) layout and loved them.
I'm now working in S scale standard gauge, and would love to give the new couplers a try - once they're ready for market, of course.
Cheers!
- Trevor

Trevor Marshall

Port Rowan in S
I model a steam-era Canadian National branch line terminal in S scale, and blog about it here: