Re: [SergentEng] Sergent couplers and operations

Duncan Harvey

Les,

That is a great trick I had not heard of! It sounds like it would also reduce the problem we have had with the magnet getting drawn off by the metal end details. Will have to give that a try. Also, I should have mentioned that all my work with them is with the new Sharons and on narrow gauge equipment, so the weight of the cars may factor in to all of this to some degree. Thanks for the insight into this technique. Still have the problem of being able to see what we are doing on the other side of visual obstructions. Wish there was a way Sergents could be manufacured to self center. That would eliminate about a third to half the problems we have encountered.
Duncan